The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idea for trip to Nurburgring next summer?

AJI

Having recently got back from the Nurburgring myself, would there be many people interested in a club trip over there next summer?

If you've never been then you've never lived.

The whole area around the track is basically a supercar playground with Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos you name it I think I saw it last weekend.

I'm basically putting this up so early because the hotels will need to be booked well in advance if you're ever going to get one.

Whilst in Adenau I noticed this hotel : http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html (second one down)

(failing that then there are plenty more within a few miles of the track)

You can basically see the track from it ! And you can see the hotel when you're going round the track (obviously).

Prices are good (as with most accomodation in Germany) and there is secure parking for your cars.

Just gauging interest for the time being...... and seeing as many of you have not had the chance to get your Supras on track yet, this will be THE BEST experience.

Thinking of middle of June next year.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

Also why not organise a date early and even take a small deposit. That way its booked off work etc and get some numbers committed early! ( Just a thought) Be good to see this happen :thumbs:

There was a thread like this last year m8, and in the end 3 people signed up out of a long provisional list :) I dont think there's any point to this.

BTW that hotel you picked needs to be booked up way in advance as its extremely popular due to its position looking down the track at Adenau and I doubt you'll be able to get your list of people in one hit there.

Nice to see there's more interest in it though :)

One of the reason why I thought I'd post this up so early was because most of the hotels need to be booked up very early. Its just an idea for the time being as I'd like to see a big Supra entry next year where we all go over together.

I did plan to get a deposit from people who are serious about going so that they are committed and don't pull out of the plans a week before the event due to 'having to go to the hairdressers' or 'having to attend an unforseen mates wedding' etc. etc. (The usual stuff that seems to come up when people decide they can no longer be ar$ed). I know that lots of people put their names onto events list so that they can be seen to be popular or interested (whatever the reason).. but hopefully by putting this up very early that people can make plans and get organised.

It would be nice to see lots os Supras 'owning' the Nurburgring. Both myself and Bobbeh have showed that when driven at pace the Supra is one of the fastest cars round the track on these open days.

And during the evening the general atmosphere of the place is great... be good to get the UK Supra club down into Adenau all parked up along the street.

And also to get loads of Supras videoed on the track.

I'll be going next year for definite.... whether it be on my own or in a group. I'm hooked on the place already.

Definatly up for this me and a friend were going anyway next year. If you need a deposite no probs.

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

11. Carlos_Hathcock (Andy)

12. supraloopy(not sure though keep us posted)

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

I did plan to get a deposit from people who are serious about going so that they are committed and don't pull out of the plans a week before the event due to 'having to go to the hairdressers' or 'having to attend an unforseen mates wedding' etc. etc. (The usual stuff that seems to come up when people decide they can no longer be ar$ed).

Good idea, especially to get a hotel booked up early.

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

I'm in. I only live two hours away. I'm up for a trip in September also if anybody else is interested. I just need to get U.S./Euro front brakes before we go!

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

16. Salvatore (worked out how to do it now!)

1. AJI

2. kopite

3. MrAngry

4. boneyard

5. SteveR

6. Ian R

7. JohnK

8. John_M

9. CJ

10. Martin R

13. Gaz @ Envy

14. Dane_stone (Dean)

15. Jspec Germany (Mike)

16. Salvatore (worked out how to do it now!)

17. Robsheffield