The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new diesel chugger + t**t = no more car

mawby

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope not. Thankfully I didn't decrease my insurance cover when I sold the Supra, so I still have protected no claims (although I have lost 2 or my 8 years until my insurance company recover their costs) and hire car cover.

The most annoying part is after selling the Supe and putting the deposit on the house I had exactly £2500 spare. I had to make a choice, by a £500 car that I would scrap when the MOT ran out, or spend it all on the most reliable economical car I could find. It was a big risk buying the Xantia, but a risk I was just realising had paid off with the 50 miles per gallon and it being a really reliable and comfortable car. Now if the car is scrapped (as I suspect it might be) then with insurance excesses I wont get back enough money to by another similar car. :( And I'd only just paid £300 the week before for a service and a replacement pully tensioner which I wont get back! And my last £70 was spent of some new speakers which are less then 2 weeks old! Even worse, if this twat does argue the toss about who was to blame and I lose 2 years off my no claims then that a hike in my insurance premiums. In fact even if I don't lose the NCB I'll still get charged more as you have to declare any accidents within the last 3 years regardless of who was to blame.

The only thing that worked in my favor is this happened just round the corver from where I live, so whilst waiting for the car to be collected I went home, got the stereo removal keys and took out my £300 MP3 stereo! If the cars being scrapped I didn't want to lose that! :)

One ray of light Mawby - you might lose 2 years NCB, but you'll still have 6, which is enough for 60% discount which is the normal maximum anyway.

Oh, and you mentioned protected NCB too, which means you won't even lose those 2 years, even if you are found at fault (unlikely I'm sure). Just have to keep your nose clean for a couple of years now.

Dude - I hope you get it sorted. Glad it was not your Supe. From what I can see is the mojority of the damage is on your side of the road.

Looks like he did not turn into the corner properly and smacked your motor.

Good luck with this fella...

Ray

Hmm... 3 people think I'm lying.... 3 people just got banned! :p

I don't think anyone says you're lying, just playing devils advocate :devil: - In order to put yourself in a strong defence position, you must understand the potential offense.

I don't think anyone says you're lying, just playing devils advocate :devil: - In order to put yourself in a strong defence position, you must understand the potential offense.
I totally agree, it's just only one of the 4 who voted me as being a lying twat has bothered to post in this thread. So 3 people think I am lying, but they not bothered to post up why.

Of course there is, me and the Missus where driving behind the Rover when it all happened :sly:

PM if needed Mawby dude

I thought it was you that drove past, but I wasn't sure. :thumbs: Lets hope the photo's are evidance enough though.

Mawby .. with you all the way .

however one cautionary tale regarding photo's ... Insurance companies dont like digital ones, because they say they can be fiddled with. We had big problems with two of our company cars being involved in seperate ccicdents. The guys took photo's with their digital cameras and were told they could not submit them. So now we all have those portable single shot film jobbies in case.

Hope you dont get the same problem mate.

I totally agree, it's just only one of the 4 who voted me as being a lying twat has bothered to post in this thread. So 3 people think I am lying, but they not bothered to post up why.

Yup. I wouldn't have voted the 'wrong' way without first saying I was just messing about mate. (hope you didn't take any offence.)

Yup. I wouldn't have voted the 'wrong' way without first saying I was just messing about mate. (hope you didn't take any offence.)
Naa not at all. I'll just be glad when this whole mess is over and done with.

however one cautionary tale regarding photo's ... Insurance companies dont like digital ones.

Agreed but if you pop down to Asda and use their digital > print service (or somewhere similar of course) they are more than happy to accept those. They did the trick for me anyway :)

Agreed but if you pop down to Asda and use their digital > print service (or somewhere similar of course) they are more than happy to accept those. They did the trick for me anyway :)
That's useful to know. Cheers. :thumbs:

Mawby .. with you all the way .

however one cautionary tale regarding photo's ... Insurance companies dont like digital ones, because they say they can be fiddled with.

I'd just correct this with "some" insurance companies though. I work for an accident management company and Ins Co's are always sending us digital photos - by email... :sly:

• 1 month later...

Well it's been over a month now and it's still being processed. His official line of defense was that I was in the middle of the road. And do you want a laugh? My replacement car is now a Rover 400 TD..... which is now costing me more to insure than my last renew for the Supra because I have an outstanding claim against me! :complain: :mad:

• 5 weeks later...