The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Outdoor CCTV kits?

jazz1

Anyone bought, or has any outdoor CCTV kit fitted at their home? I'm looking to get one for my front drive, but iv been quoted 2 camera kit for 600 cheapest and they install. Anybody bought one before and fitted it themselves or which kit do you have?

This is my day job, i can point you in the right direction regarding which equipment to use, this is the supplier i use, very good prices too,http://www.sctltd.co.uk/acatalog/CCTV_Systems.html

Wicked, which one would you recommend and are they hard to install?

Wicked, which one would you recommend and are they hard to install?

Any of the 4-way dvr`s with the ir mini domes would be a good choice, you could call them and they will put a custom system together for you, if you call the telford branch and speak to either pat or collin they will help you out, bare in mind the price shown on the site is for the dvr only iirc.

The maplin kit is really good and now they even do a high definition one. If I can find a high enough ladder I would install it myself in my new house. Right now I secure it on the upstairs window frame but in the new house I'm moving into the best place is on the 2nd floor external wall :(

Ok thanks, are they hard to setup and install?

As said pretty easy to install. most of the kits come with 20 metre pre made leads or you can make your own connections, most of the 12 volt cameras just use a 2 core for power then coax for the video signal.