The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 LPG Conversion

TheBlades

There's loads of '97/98 cars with the earlier pattern from wings, including mine. From what I can gather, it seems to be mainly NAs that come with them. If you look on the Japanese sites, you'll see loads of them.

Sorry but I think you're wrong. Perhaps cheaper repairs are warranted on damaged NA cars. :flame:

Sorry but I think you're wrong. Perhaps cheaper repairs are warranted on damaged NA cars. :flame:

Wrong? I wasnt stating an opinion, i was stating a fact. I think what you mean is I'm lying?

Feel free to check the net. Would you like me to point out where you can find Supras for sale on the 'net? :)

Wrong? I wasnt stating an opinion, i was stating a fact. I think what you mean is I'm lying?

Feel free to check the net. Would you like me to point out where you can find Supras for sale on the 'net? :)

I was referring to your statement that from what you gather facelift NAs came with pre-facelift front wings on them.

I don't believe that to be true but I suppose if you could show a Toyota brochure that shows it then fair enough, or if you owned your car from new or something. I just can't see it myself.

Not all of them, only a minority but enough. If they were cheap accident repairs, why use facelift front bumpers? There's loads of cheap pre facelift ones around. Or why not fill the holes in on the wings? Why not just fit cheap fibreglass aftermarket parts?

Looking at it again, it does look like this LPG one just has aftermarket side repeaters in the wings. They don't look like they're in the proper pre-facelift OEM position at all. I've seen a couple like that. Can't think why somebody would want to do it though ?

I can't tell if the front bumper has the middle bar on it that the facelift one has. Side repeaters could just be screwed in.

On this one though, the steering wheel would raise huuuuuuge alarm bells for me (you just wouldn't fit that one would you), and the possibly missing passenger airbag is a concern.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.