The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 LPG Conversion

TheBlades

Still... no airbags... for a facelift... this means only one thing... And the steering wheel is not actually a Supra one...

And what does that mean? Still a facelift car though.. has the correct dash, at a guess its one of the early ones...

Or it was in accident and both airbags were deployed :)

May 1996 0035275 Facelift introduced, SZR 6 speed introduced, GZ discontinued, included Sport ABS with big brakes, SRS air bag now standard equipment, Getrag 2nd gear synchro improved, now aluminium radiator on RZ

My neighbour has a Range Rover with an LPG conversion and he loves it. Having been out in it a few times I couldn't notice any difference when he switched from LPG to Petrol and back. And financially he says it's as cheap if not cheaper than a diesel but with better performance, and a much nicer sound.

Looks like it is in top condition, exterior i mean. And for the LPG i have driven 2 years with a toyota celica equiped with LPG and yes there was a difference. You could feel the car responded way better when driven on petrol. But this was about 5-6 years ago and don't know how you guys call it in UK but the newer LPI (not so new now anymore) gives direct injection? or something like that don't know exactly, and with this you won't feel the difference anymore between petrol and LPG.

But really, your wallet is very important too and i have to say i would definitely drive back on LPG if i found the right car and this one looks really nice.

And face it, it is an automatic so might as well drive it on LPG :p

So he gets 200 miles on 70 litres of lpg at 68p per litre

I get 400 miles on 70 litres of super unleaded at £1.35 a litre

Am I going mad or does it not seem really worth it

He needs something fixing, I do 70 miles to £10 on my LPG Supra...

So he gets 200 miles on 70 litres of lpg at 68p per litre

I get 400 miles on 70 litres of super unleaded at £1.35 a litre

Am I going mad or does it not seem really worth it

Thats a vey good point, Ive e-mailed him to ask about his stats.

Or it was in accident and both airbags were deployed :)

May 1996 0035275 Facelift introduced, SZR 6 speed introduced, GZ discontinued, included Sport ABS with big brakes, SRS air bag now standard equipment, Getrag 2nd gear synchro improved, now aluminium radiator on RZ

Another good point, again, Ive e-mailed him for a response, I'll post his replies.

Thanks for all your comments so far.

Hey all,

Ref the MPG or LPG, he says the syatem auto switches at about 20lts left in the tank, so hes getting 200 miles from around 50 ltrs which is around 45 quid.

Ref the air bags, he's claiming it hasnt had a bang, must be an early facelift like someone suggested and the drivers wheel was changed when he bought it.

Hey all,

Ref the MPG or LPG, he says the syatem auto switches at about 20lts left in the tank, so hes getting 200 miles from around 50 ltrs which is around 45 quid.

Ref the air bags, he's claiming it hasnt had a bang, must be an early facelift like someone suggested and the drivers wheel was changed when he bought it.

Still not much of a saving when I get 200 miles from 35 litres costing about £48

It's also got pre-facelift front wings on it, and I don't believe there's such thing as an "early facelift without airbags".

My facelift car was an early facelift - that means it had the four-spoke airbag wheel instead of the later three-spoke, and no VVTi (which doesn't apply to the N/A cars anyway). He's either lying or ill informed, IMO.

It's also got pre-facelift front wings on it, and I don't believe there's such thing as an "early facelift without airbags".

My facelift car was an early facelift - that means it had the four-spoke airbag wheel instead of the later three-spoke, and no VVTi (which doesn't apply to the N/A cars anyway). He's either lying or ill informed, IMO.

There's loads of '97/98 cars with the earlier pattern from wings, including mine. From what I can gather, it seems to be mainly NAs that come with them. If you look on the Japanese sites, you'll see loads of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.