The mkiv Supra Owners Club

diamond engagment rings

mellonman

I was given an expensive ring but I love it because no one has one like it.

It's really lovely having something to treasure that I can pass to my children eventually.

We'll never have a lavish wedding because I think it's a waste of money.

I would suggest you really take some time to think about what she would like - rather than just getting any old diamond ring. :)

A friend of mine decided to propose to his girlfriend on a weekend in Amsterdam. He'd bought a cheap (less than £50) ring as a token gesture, with a view to buying one later she really liked assuming she said yes. Just as well because he fumbled it and it went into the canal, never to be seen again!

I was given an expensive ring but I love it because no one has one like it.

I thought we were going to keep it quiet? :D

Serious note, totally agree with Charlotte when she says that it is about what she would like (not the value). Clare loves her rings because they are just 'her', she doesn't know the value of them.

I always advise people to spend around a grand on a decent band :innocent:

Thought you said decent? :)

I bought a nice (but not too expensive) antique ring for the initial ask then she chose her 'real' engagement ring. That way I could be sure I was spending the big money on something she really liked. We got that one from http://www.1791diamonds.co.uk/. They do great and a bit unusual designs. We had excellent service with lots of online consultations to make sure we got exactly what we wanted and I must admit, the ring's amazing! (That's hard to say being a bloke an' all!)

Anyway, I'd def recommend checking their website out if you want to get away from the 'normal' solitaire diamond settings.

Don't forget it's the quality of the diamond that counts not just the size, [the number of inclusions,colour] etc.

yeah i was going to drop in carret to get the clarity beter, its very true i know its what she wants not what i want, i did see one that i loved but after speaking to her using choice words, found that she wants more diamonds over one large one, just hope the diamonds was not a meterfore.:jester:

goa or turkey mate

went goa in march and got my brothers wedding rings done ,cost him £600 i got them valued when got home for him £2100

absalute bargain

If you want i can give you details of jeweller

just pm me

i have heard this but only have 6 weeks to get the ring and she might think something is wrong if i shoot of to turkey or goa. also might strugle with getting what i want. bit of a worry.

i have heard this but only have 6 weeks to get the ring and she might think something is wrong if i shoot of to turkey or goa. also might strugle with getting what i want. bit of a worry.

Shame mate maybe do it for the wedding rings, all we did was take pics of what was wanted and they copied

All the best mate