The mkiv Supra Owners Club

diamond engagment rings

mellonman

If you're looking to buy the best diamond that your budget will stretch to, I'd avoid the standard highstreet jewellers if I were you - the mark-up on their stuff is sky high!

I used this site on-line: http://www.bluenile.co.uk/ They get excellent reviews and are reputable and trustworthy. You can basically choose your own diamand from their selection and then have it built into a ring. Although that might sound a bit daunting, their site has a lot of good information about choosing a diamond - cut, clarity, colour, carat etc. and then the process is very straightforward with their interactive tool!

Once bought, you get a full certificate etc with the stone as well as a valuation certificate for insurance purposes.

Aside from the cost savings to be made, the fact that I had chosen things personally and got a custom ring made for her went down very well with the now Mrs Stevo. Adds a little romantic touch...

Good luck dude!

argos please, and how could i take her to see her own ring its ment to suprise her , no suprise if she knows its coming,

is that dr jekyll that got the ring and mr hide that got the jag lol.

this diamond factory place you can pick what stone and clarity which i dont think gold smiths and sorts you can

Save the money get cheaper argos rings and spend it on the wedding, no wait spend it on the honeymoon, no wait spend it on the house.

If i had to do it all again there is no way i would spend as much as i did, should have taken the family to florida got married in disney and had a 3 week honeymoon. Costs about the same.

If you're looking to buy the best diamond that your budget will stretch to, I'd avoid the standard highstreet jewellers if I were you - the mark-up on their stuff is sky high!

I used this site on-line: http://www.bluenile.co.uk/ They get excellent reviews and are reputable and trustworthy. You can basically choose your own diamand from their selection and then have it built into a ring. Although that might sound a bit daunting, their site has a lot of good information about choosing a diamond - cut, clarity, colour, carat etc. and then the process is very straightforward with their interactive tool!

Once bought, you get a full certificate etc with the stone as well as a valuation certificate for insurance purposes.

Aside from the cost savings to be made, the fact that I had chosen things personally and got a custom ring made for her went down very well with the now Mrs Stevo. Adds a little romantic touch...

Good luck dude!

thanks for the link and the good luck wish!

Save the money get cheaper argos rings and spend it on the wedding, no wait spend it on the honeymoon, no wait spend it on the house.

If i had to do it all again there is no way i would spend as much as i did, should have taken the family to florida got married in disney and had a 3 week honeymoon. Costs about the same.

well i was gonna do about £1,000 on the ring, and was going paris for aniversary and was gonna do it there. what is the normal spent on a ring then?

I was lucky, i had a ring handed down from my great great nan.

I didnt spend anywhere near a grand on both wedding rings. However i spent the best part of 20k on the wedding and honeymoon. It just got out of control, and when looking back was a total waste of money. We both agree we should have got married in florida with just the family.

Instead we had a venue and sit down for 80 people most of which i see once a year (if that) followed by a buffet for another 50 again most of which i see less than once a year.

Flowers? god only knows.

Bridemaids dresses?

Suit hire?

DJ?

Rant over.......

In that case keep the reciept!

Is she 'into' her jewellery? Does she have specific tastes? does she like gold, platinum etc? In this 'modern' age I'd forget romance and just ask her and select the ring (if required) afterwards. She might have different priorities, first house etc. I seem to recall you should spend 3 months salary on a ring, but I'm sure jewellers came up with this!

I have to say tho, if she's into it, the custom diamond thing sounds nice.

I spent zero by telling the truth, they are a total and utter waste of money :) `Er indoors wears her grandmother's wedding ring, I told her it was a nice in memoriam to her ;) Get married on Feb 29th, like I did, I'll be about 500 before anniversary presents get expensive.

You ol' smoothie! :)

I went to Hatton Garden in London. It's the diamond capitol of the City - I used to transport some stuff in and out of there when I was a motorcycle courier. (I think they figured that a bike was more discreet and wouldn't be caught so easy in London traffic - go figure)

I found a really nice small jewellers there who gave a very personal service and made a ring to our spec. Then, when we needed the wedding ring, we went back and had that made to fit around the engagement ring. (The engagement ring was a 'twist', so with the wedding band being shaped, they fit into each other perfectly) Then we had a personal message to each other engraved inside each of our wedding bands with the date of the wedding.

Price was very reasonable - even considering the extra work that was involved. I don't think we could have got these rings for anywhere close to what we paid at a normal high-street chain of jeweller. But you do need to go up and down the street a few times to choose the shop that's right for you - they're all very different and some only deal with the really high end stuff. (That scares some people off straight away as they think all the shops in Hatton Garden are like that - they aren't!)

i took the mrs to tiffany in new york to get hers.......what a knob i must have been we get married in december this year in mexico but guess where she wants the matching wedding ring from....................£1800 for a wedding ring is nuts and its caused plenty of arguments as im not budging

i took the mrs to tiffany in new york to get hers.......what a knob i must have been we get married in december this year in mexico but guess where she wants the matching wedding ring from....................£1800 for a wedding ring is nuts and its caused plenty of arguments as im not budging

1800.00 for a wedding ring?:faint:

I guess the old saying must be correct. A fool and his money are soon married! ;)

I spent zero by telling the truth, they are a total and utter waste of money :) `Er indoors wears her grandmother's wedding ring, I told her it was a nice in memoriam to her ;) Get married on Feb 29th, like I did, I'll be about 500 before anniversary presents get expensive.

:D

Pretty much what I think when it comes to a bit of paper that costs thousands!