The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bad MR2 crash at Brands yesterday

Gaz6002

I some of the spectators, so I got some images:

(Know the guys in the middle of the seating area):

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1199/isopix20288997003.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8459/p4171361sml.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3464/p4171369sml.jpg

That was a bad one. Not really sure if the barrier was at fault as I'm not sure they are made with the scenario of one car pushing the other car over it in mind. If it was a single impact the car would have bounced back in the way but the 2nd car was in the way not allowing it to do so and hence it going in the opposite direction over the fence. Just one of those freak accidents I guess.

Hope everyone is ok though.

i was there and saw it first hand,it really does show how wrong things can go and it was all over so fast,didn't see much after that and the commentator said that the guy had been sent off to the hospital but didnt go in the copper so hopping things wasn't to bad.

i was there and saw it first hand,it really does show how wrong things can go and it was all over so fast,didn't see much after that and the commentator said that the guy had been sent off to the hospital but didnt go in the copper so hopping things wasn't to bad.

I was there and saw it too... I almost put a thread up on here asking if anyone else from here was there, but I thought it unlikely. Hindsight eh?

It was mental to watch! I hope everyone is alright in the end!

The apprentice who works for me was competing in that race.

In the second race there was another big shunt apparently. Big 8 car pile up. His car got ran over by somebody elses by all accounts...

Yeah that was pretty crazy too. There were crashes in pretty much every race, but the two mentioned here were the worst that I remember.

I was at Brands on sunday, it was pretty horrensous to watch that crash, I think most people there assumed the worst - ie fatalities.

that was a bad one! whoever was filming the video sounded like he had put some money down on who ever crashed he sounded moody

Reminds me of that prodigy tune.. when then phone rings for Liam.. ...'s sake, I'm trying to write this ...ing tune man!

Ollie