How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quit all this talking and put up a picture already!

Glad to hear your happy with it mate, cant wait to see it.

I have a nice video on my phone ;)

I appreciate there's always two sides to every story but I wouldn't be a happy customer, this is half the reason I've learnt to work on my cars myself because if you cant trust some of the professionals then who can you trust!?

At least SRD sorted it out for you though! :)

I had one of mine painted yelllow, who cares if other people like it or not as long as it floats your boat (and it's not pink) :D

Not overly worried about what other people think of my colour choice some will love it, some won't. I have built my own one off Supra and in my mind have done the best I can on my budget

Approval from the Forum members is always great, but I have to build it to what I like at the end of the day, otherwise it would look like someone elses

It's the one thing I really love about the Supra, you can still make them individual

So when can we expect a proper teaser pic of the paint? :)

Also I'm still surprised by the issues you had with your engine transplant. Not impressed at all.

I took a little video of a mirror in the sun today, maybe I will post it up, but it won't be a teaser, it will just be the colour lol

I have said all I need to say about the WhifBitz transplant, it was what it was, parts missing or not working, I leave it as that

SRD sorted it and are now the only place that will be working on my Supra mechanically, other than myself

Happy Birthday Rog :D

Wrong thread but thanks lol

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Was just away to ask if you had any updates Rog :p :p can't wait to see it finished!

Might have a proper update next weekend, but may not be fully back together until the end of the month, as I only get about 4 hours on a Saturday to put it back together

Hoping to get a good chunk of the Engine Bay back together next Saturday

- - - Updated - - -

Metallic black?

Or a Black and White photo :sly:

About time mate. On my phone ATM but looks great

Was just away to ask if you had any updates Rog :p :p can't wait to see it finished!

Wow, that paint looks fantastic!! Cant wait to see the full car pics.

Ooh nice

Starting to think i should of done it metalic black after all lol

Maybe i will have to only show all future pics in Black and White from now on

Cant wait to see her again in fresh paint mate your pooring plenty of money and blood seat an tears in should look a million dollars

Not long to go now hopefully, should be first week of April if we don't run into any issues putting it back together

How is yours coming together Kev

Done a bit more polishing

The pile of polished bits to go back on is getting bigger

Heyyy just noticed that, I wanted to see this new colour :(

Polishing looks great bud, it's not a 5 minute job is it!

Don't worry Kaan, it was a Black and White photo :innocent:

The polishing is very time consuming, the throttle body is very fiddly and to be honest it's not the best bit of polishing I have done, but I now have one eye on the calendar, so trying to use my time wisely

Still have to do

part of an Intercooler Pipe

all 4 wheel barrels and put the wheels back together

top coolant pipe

Cam covers

possibly may have to do another powersteering reservoir, as this one seems to be stained, but that may have to wait now

also have to put the whole engine bay back together and the all the interior trims

replace 2 wheel studs

put my Uk rear brake calipers on

Do another Oil change

There are also a few other bits I want to do, but think time will not allow for the moment

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Rog I'm fed up now :( Show us the paint already! It's killing me!

As above everytime I see an update, I'm expecting a photo of the colour buts it's another polished part haha.

As much as I love the updates on the polished bay parts I need to see this colour properly :D

I think it's safe to say it's a dark colour, unless he inverted the b&w photo :think:

I have a feeling it's a midnight purple kind of colour

I heard its Purple with Pink Flake :taped:

It's not Midnight Purple, although it was a colour I considered and still love

As I have said this is a new type of Paint, the main part is actually mixed into lacquer and has no colour, it is lots of dust like prisms, then it is layered on as Lacquer Coat and it is the light that makes the colour. They add layers to give depth and richness, then they Clear Coat over it

It is difficult to describe the effect, it is sort of like a metallic, but not really lol

Hopefully it will be finished soon, so I guess you lot will have to keep checking everytime I put another polished pic update:D