DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking tidy rog.

Are you going to share the colour as it's in progress or wait until the end?

Colour won't be shown until it is totally finished I am afraid

I can't really do it justice by describing it, so it will be staying totally under wraps until I can get some decent pics

Will the bay be the same colour as the car? I know some go for black bays to make the colours pop a little more. You smoothing it?

No not bothering with the smoothing, really need to take the engine out to do that

Colour is undecided at this point, it is going to be Black first and then I have to make a decision whether to do it the same colour as the bodywork

It will probably go the same colour, but black would make it easier if I scratch something while working in the bay

Any idea on how long it will be till it's finished?

I have no idea as such

I am getting it done at a cheaper than normal price, as he uses my car as a promotional car along with his own Rex

The agreement is, it is done between other cars and when time allows, but he is also hoping to do a colour change on his Rex before the Show season, so he wants to get mine sorted, so he can start on the Rex

The Rex is being done is this new type of paint as well, different colour version though

He has a deadline of end of March

Once the Paint work is finished I am getting the new Nano Quartz Protection done as well

Any idea on how long it will be till it's finished?

I have no idea as such

I am getting it done at a cheaper than normal price, as he uses my car as a promotional car along with his own Rex

The agreement is, it is done between other cars and when time allows, but he is also hoping to do a colour change on his Rex before the Show season, so he wants to get mine sorted, so he can start on the Rex

The Rex is being done is this new type of paint as well, different colour version though

He has a deadline of end of March

Once the Paint work is finished I am getting the new Nano Quartz Protection done as well

Absolutely love the near seamless lines

I love the way Jared has managed to get the rear of the Spat and rear Bumper to meet totally flush, it is something I was never happy with, but it was really difficult to get it like that

Anyway, been at Dip Demons all day today stripping the Engine bay down and doing a few bits and bobs

The Engine bay now looks like this and is just waiting for some prep work before paint.

The wiring loom is completely loose, Inlet and Throttle body removed etc, to give some access without removing the block

I know it's not as good as removing the engine totally, but I am already spending way more than planned on the exterior. I am have to do the engine bay strip myself to keep the cost down and only get one day every two weeks to do it

All the glass was removed yesterday and thankfully no rust has been found anywhere, so that's a big bonus

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...