The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

Well I have got a fair collection of parts I have polished now

Very happy with how they have come out, dread to think how many hours I have into it

Going down to Dip Demons tomorrow and hopefully get these bits back in the engine bay

Few pics of some of the better bits

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I have a load of pics from Jad at Dip Demons today

This is the only Colour Paint that goes on my Supra and these pics are not Black and White either

Then the Lacquer was applied with the magic dust, but those pics won't be posted until the Supra is back in one piece:taped:

I am so happy with what I have seen in the pics, going down tomorrow to see it in person and put my Interior back in

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Now we are getting somewhere. Very interested to see the trick top coat.

At first glance I thought all that build up was for the hamerite supra take 2. :D

We will leave the Hamerite Supra to history I think lol

I am so happy with the pics I have received, although it is much more bling in the sun than I thought it would be, so may take a bit of getting used to

The body is totally finished, just needs flattening, the bonnet and bumpers should be done early next week

So I may be able to get the car back together by end of next weekend, but I have a lot to try and finish myself still

Then it has to breath to let the solvents release before it get it's Quartz protection in a couple of weeks

So, looking forward to seeing the finished paint on this, love the shape of this Supra and deserves a top finish.

Thanks bud, I am under no illusion that some will not like the new finish, but I am building it for myself and it needs a show off paint for what I use it mainly for which is shows

I am loving the final finish and can't wait to get it out there, even Jad is really impressed with it (the first time he has fully sprayed a car in this new finish), he has done loads of Candy's before and thinks this finish is much better

Engine Bay is pretty much complete now

Loving the flushed in rear spats, they are flush to the rear bumper now instead of the extra thickness the stuck on bit normally generates

Still needs a little more flattening with 3000 grit, but that won't be done until just before the Quartz is done

It is like a mirror already though, o and the boot isn't shut properly

Completely polished wheels would look beautiful.

To much work to keep clean, I did consider it, but not for long lol

I think I have decided on the colour, but Jad isn't sure it is going to work against the car colour, so he is planning to make a few speed shapes of a variety of possible colours

Not much of an Update this week really

Decided on the wheel colour at last, so they should be done for next weekend with any luck, then I just need to get them back together and fit them

Black and White pic, but I realise they are probably getting a bit boring now, should be finished soon, then full colour ones