How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen these on facebook rog, looking good mate :thumbs: the scuttle panel looks awesome :D

Thanks Alex, the scuttle panel was a real pain to do for Dip Demons, but it has come out great and now, know more issues with the dulling as the top part is gloss black and lacquered

Really looking forward to seeing the full res pics, but just have to patient, which I am never to good at

We did the Scuttle Panel in a way so that when the bonnet is closed you can't see the wood at all

Thanks Alex, the scuttle panel was a real pain to do for Dip Demons, but it has come out great and now, know more issues with the dulling as the top part is gloss black and lacquered

Really looking forward to seeing the full res pics, but just have to patient, which I am never to good at

We did the Scuttle Panel in a way so that when the bonnet is closed you can't see the wood at all

Sounds good dude, i will look forward to seeing it next year! Are you getting anything else dipped?

• 1 month later...
I'm going to commit to reading this entire thread at some point over the holidays, one of my favourite cars on here.

Good luck lol

Had a little get together today and another Photoshoot done by a national photogragher

Can not put any pics up from the location yet, but this one is from the Tesco garage before heading down

About 1500 bhp between the 3, the Evo is the most powerful

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Down at Dip Demons today to try and decide on my Supra colour, I have had to change from my original colour, as we just couldn't get what I was after

So Jared has been dealing with a new paint supplier and a new paint that is a powder that is mixed into lacquer and sprayed over a base colour, then you spray a few layers to get the desired effect (changes the intensity of the colour with more layers, then it's clear coated over the top

These colours are very bling and vibrant, I have chosen one of the more subtle ones, but it is certainly not subtle, should be a show stopper with a bit of class (hopefully)

He is going to take the Supra in as soon as I am ready.............. :Dexcited:D

Just to add, Jared did a load of Speed Shapes for me, so don't read anything into the one he has on the table

I like to think experiMENTAL rather than just MENTAL lol :wacko:

No, you certainly mental :D

It not long ago had a respray and looks flawless EVERY single time I have seen it! On every DB run!!

Looking forward to seeing this progress, should be interesting knowing you Rog :)

No, you certainly mental :D

It not long ago had a respray and looks flawless EVERY single time I have seen it! On every DB run!!

Looking forward to seeing this progress, should be interesting knowing you Rog :)

Thanks for the flawless comment Abz, the colour change has always been in the background, but I didn't just want a cheap paint, I wanted something a bit special

I heard he's going to dip the whole car in wood effect.

Jared at Dip Demons did try to convince me to do the spokes on my Volks in Wood Dip for a while

Good luck mate, am I the only one that noticed the old JUN bonnet is back. Fancied another change.

The bonnet is back on because I feel it's the best option with the new paint and Jared is making me some drip trays

I noticed that aswell Jake! Can't wait to see this finished....again Rog :p

I don't think there will be any pics of the paint until March and it's never truly finished lmao

I am taking a bit of a gamble on the paint and the paint colour if I am honest.

Again it will be a bit love or hate it, but it should be a bit special and hopefully a show stopper