The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 NA in blue

Keefred

Just had new front discs, pads, arb bushes front and rear, drop links front and rear, new brake hoses front and rear, new exhaust to gearbox bracket, new heatshield, Cw stainless front caliper pins.

£2000, bargain, would take £1500 without the glass headlights and the wheels that are on it at the moment. I am going to give it a week then sell the headlights and put the plastic ones back in, sell / swap the wheels for Uk standard 17s then put it on ebay if no one on here wants it.

Worlds most crappest and longest advert I'm sure but here goes.

Not overly regrettable sale of my Supra, rocks and hard places etc, I want it, and then I don’t. I think I am just bored with it, owned it since Feb 2009 and it’s by far the longest I’ve ever owned a car by about 18 months. I have to accept I’m never going to get to do any of the minor bits I want to do to it due to lack of time and nowhere to work on it. All I have done pretty much since I’ve owned it is drive it every day, only had a look to see if it had a spare wheel the other day, and it does……. Has the bonking over bumps syndrome but have got new ARB bushes on their way.

I was planning to give it one last chance, get all the bits fitted plus subframe bolts checked for tightness and new droplinks all round, but to be honest even after than I’m not convinced I’ll want it, so better to give someone who knows about these things or has a passion for a Supra like I used to think I had to had to sort out.

The expense of running the thing as a daily driver just isn’t paid back by the enjoyment I get, or don’t get from the car anymore, the insurance is dear and its pretty crap on petrol and completely useless if you want more than 2 people in it, all of which I could happily put up with if I was actually enjoying the car. If you have never had one before make sure you get an insurance quote before even thinking of buying one, though I seem to suffer from high insurance prices even given my age and 100 years no claims etc and prepare for sub 20 Mpg if you drive it even moderately hard, that said, if you are keeping it under 70 and light on the accelerator it is surprisingly economical on a run. My work journey now is about 35 miles a day, most of which is spent sitting in a traffic jam.

If I had the option of getting another car and keeping this in a garage to tinker with and just use at weekends I would keep it and do all the bits needed doing. I know once it has gone every time I see one I’ll be thinking ‘wow, look at that, I used to have one of those’ and will want another one, the more I think about it the less I want to sell it, but I don’t have the option of having 2 cars and what I want to drive is something I can just get in and drive rather than thinking I must do this or that to it. When I bought it I thought I would never ever sell it.

Have new gearnob top, new passenger grab handle, set of new boot struts on order, speaker brackets, dynamat stuff, fuel filter, spare set of new headlight bulbs, all of which never fitted !

First registered in the UK 26.07.2005 with 5 former keepers. Current mot until Jan 2012, taxed to 07.11 and I have all the Mot certificates since import. Also fitted with a Toad Cat 1 alarm which I have the certificate for. Not too sure about the mileage, currently reads 170,000 but the first 2 Mots I have say KM in the box next to the mileage written in biro, haven’t got the bill for the speedo converter, clock says MPH on it but no idea when converter fitted, could have been from day one and the clock not changed to read MPH until later so tester assumed still in kilometres or left reading KM for years, really no idea.

If it was miles from day one of import its done 108,000 Kilometers which is 67,000 miles, plus 62,000 miles = 129,000 miles, seems there or thereabouts to me.

Never failed to start or ever gone wrong apart from drivers window motor and aerial, only had to top the oil up once since I have owned it. I have had 2 services done, one each Febuary at Mot time. Last year had oil and filter change, brake fluid change, auto fluid change, new dizzy cap and rotor arm, plugs, rear pads, 4 new tyres etc. This year serviced in Febuary, oil change etc and new ht leads and 2 new rear tyres. Some other odd bills from previous owners.

Nice set of wheels on it ( I think ) 18 inch Ssrs with 265s on the rear and 235s on the front, also has UK glass headlights I fitted and came with Uk front brakes and a Blitz Nurspec R exhaust and k and n panel filter. Also has ripspeed cd player and 4 x infinity kappa speakers.

The good bits, it’s a Supra.

The rest, going round the car, offside lower spoiler / bumper slightly pushed in. I have the new alloy strip to fit to bring it back to shape in case the existing cannot be bent back, a year later not fitted ! I had to change the drivers door window motor and when I refited it I have left the window slightly high so sometimes catches on the roof gutter, literally 2 mm would see it miss but I didn’t factor this in when I fitted the new motor. I do have 2 sets of proper speaker brackets and some Dynamat type stuff which I had planned to fit and re-adjust the window at the same time, yet another thing a year later I haven’t done. New set of brake hoses, not fitted ! Has led strips on the doors for when they are open, one missing from when I bought it, have 2 new ones, guess where they are ? still in the box from 18 months ago when I bought them !

Has rear number plate surround thing and fog light in the light cluster in place of one of the reverse lights, recent second hand aerial fitted, boot struts are knacked but I do have a new set coming, again not fitted, also have a new set of boot rubber stops, again not fitted.

Exhaust rattles, I have the new and improved version of the gearbox to exhaust bracket, the old one has snapped and was welded up last Mot but broke 2 weeks later, yet another part I haven’t fitted. I also have a new fuel filter, again, guess what ! Not fitted.

Apart from that and a few scratches and one small car park dent its pretty straight for its age, has large scratch on bonnet which looks like someone once carved cnut on there with a key but you can only see part of the C really in a certain light.

Interior wise, gear change worn like they do, got the new one on its way, electric seat works fine, air con fine as well, dash a bit split in normal place, slight lifting of trim by gear lever due to mishap with calor gas bottle, right hand engine lights don’t work, didn’t even know it had any until I read a thread on here about dry joint issue !

In my opinion, for the money it’s still a pretty good car, someone who does have the time and the facilities could I’m pretty sure bring it back up to top notch with minimal effort. I’d like to see £3500 for the car, but back in the real world of the prices of these cars now £2500 would see it gone, any club member or friend of one is more than welcome to come and look at it. I am in Blackheath London Se3 postcode, near the Blackwall tunnel, easy to get to from M2, M20 etc. Would consider deal with similar priced car, no 2 seaters, want IS200 or Celica or E36 coupe, NO imports of any sort. Would not be able to let car go until firm sale agreed and other vehicle sorted so please bear that in mind if you are thinking of travelling any distance to see it.

Loads more pictures on webshots here

http://rides.webshots.com/album/580036027xyHwFR

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'm really slating it, just being honest, now they are coming down to the price that someone young might be interested in I didn't want anyone coming to look at it ( fat chance it seems ) and then saying they couldn't get insured or afford the petrol, same reason I've been honest about its faults. I am sure we have all been to look at cars advertised as super but turn out to be nothing like it.

I am still kind of undecided, there seems little point spending money on it to get it up to scratch when its unlikely anyone will want to buy it anyway, and if I do I am not sure even then I will still want it, though given the seeming lack of interest in this sort of car these days, It's looking more like I'll have to keep it.

• 1 month later...

Just had new front discs, pads, arb bushes front and rear, drop links front and rear, new brake hoses front and rear, new exhaust to gearbox bracket, new heatshield, Cw stainless front caliper pins, subframe bolts checked..

£2000, bargain, would take £1500 without the glass headlights and the wheels that are on it at the moment. I am going to give it a week then sell the headlights and put the plastic ones back in, sell / swap the wheels for Uk standard 17s then put it on ebay if no one on here wants it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.