The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Broken into, cars stolen!!

garetheves

My biggest fear with this kind of thing is the wife not wanting to stay in the house afterwards, we had a (actually quite friendly) drunk bloke in our back garden once, he went off home in a taxi after a fishy story about being in a fight and escaping over fences - missus was sh*t scared for about a month afterwards, wouldn't go near the back door etc. Must be a very distressing thing to have your personal space invaded like that.

What's your next move? Big dog or well hidden safe.

Shotgun? :D

Has your new place got an alarm? Was the first thing we did after the break in, we now always take our valuables up to bed with us and have some blunt instruments hanging around on the landing just in case.

As long as they're 'normal' household items, you can't leave a metal bat lying around unless you have someone who regularly plays baseball, so you need to have a reason in mind for the item to have been there, and say you went to investigate and only picked up the item when the attacker came at you - ie: you 'instantly armed' yourself (instant arming vs pre-arming) to defend - if you 'feared for your life' that will also help ;) .

Alarm was fitted on Saturday :-( was just a bit too slow in arranging it. I don't suspect the builder himself because it's a fairly local company and I don't think he would risk the family business like that. The labourers that work for him are a different matter, they would have been able to find out bout the door, have access to the place during the day to see where things were and have reason to be on site. I'm not gonna challenge the builder over it yet cos I need to keep him on my side incase my insurance doesn't cover it, I will have go through his, and don't want him going all defensive etc.

Ellis: if the blood does identify the thief and he gets prosecuted then great, I wouldn't be bothered if he got off as long as finding him gets my stuff back and I find out who he is ;-)

Bugger! at least you got the cars back.

This is the sole reason i keep a Bokken by my bed and a few other bits hidden round the house. Anyone breaks in they are welcome to the keys, come near the GF and they are bokken fodder for sure.

Good luck getting everything sorted :) perhaps a cheapish day/night vision security camera for visible deterent?

As long as they're 'normal' household items, you can't leave a metal bat lying around unless you have someone who regularly plays baseball, so you need to have a reason in mind for the item to have been there, and say you went to investigate and only picked up the item when the attacker came at you - ie: you 'instantly armed' yourself (instant arming vs pre-arming) to defend - if you 'feared for your life' that will also help ;) .

I know the "pre meditated" state of affairs. It's always nice to leave a hammer lying around after you have been changing a light bulb.

H.

Bugger! at least you got the cars back.

This is the sole reason i keep a Bokken by my bed and a few other bits hidden round the house. Anyone breaks in they are welcome to the keys, come near the GF and they are bokken fodder for sure.

Good luck getting everything sorted :) perhaps a cheapish day/night vision security camera for visible deterent?

Yep that thought had crossed my mind, as well asa few motion sensitive lights etc

• 1 month later...