The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Broken into, cars stolen!!

garetheves

Moved into our new house 5 weeks ago and got broken into on Friday night. They managed to take both cars (with keys), 3 laptops, my DSLR camera and selection of lenses, girlfriends engagement ring, PS3 and various items in the cars.

We have since managed to find one of the cars just round the corner from our house, it was running on fumes anyway and our theory is they took it to get away but seeing the petrol level, dumped it and came back for mine, which tbh was equally low on fuel so i hope the bastards had to walk where-ever they were going!

Police have the girlfriends car now to search it, they found no prints at the house, but after they had gone we did find a small smear of blood on one of the door handles so theyve been back to take a sample so keeping fingers crossed there.

The absolute worst bit of it all is that our insurance might not cover anything. Our patio door was faulty and this is where they got in. We told the builder about it a week ago so its been his responsibility to fix it but in the eyes of the insurer they probably wont see it that way. Spoken to the builder who has said worst case scenario we would be covered by his Liability insurance so fingers crossed on that one, but just pigsick i didnt make more of an effort to secure the door. It was locked but had been playing up but i didnt think to chain the handles together or anything. So if anyone sees a 2.0 Golf TDi with the plate GAZ 5731, in Dark blue, around the north west then please give me a shout on here :) Im keeping my eyes on eBay for the other goods in case they turn up on there, luckily we have quite a few serial numbers for the items so if they do show up i should be able to prove they are mine.

Really sorry to hear mate :(

I shall be showing this post to my two step daughters, as only a couple of days ago I came home from work to find our back door unlocked, windows open fully and sky on pause for 65mins.

Yes...NO ONE IN THE HOUSE!!

I was NOT a happy chap I can tell you :(

Do hope you get things sorted and someone spots the car.

Sorry to hear this Gaz. Vicki told me earlier about it.

It's an awful feeling to have your space invaded and your possessions taken. I have been done three times now and nearly caught the bastards on the first two occasions.

Let me know if you need anything pal.

H.

Update: currently sat opposite my car, just found it on my way back from work. Well chuffed :-) there's a few scratches and scuffs on it but just happy to get it back. Police are on the way to pick it up and take it to SOCO. Still waiting on the blood results but this is some good news at least because I'm really starting to worry bout the insurance not covering anything so to lose a car would have been awful. Now it's just a couple of grands worth of stuff that can be replaced if the worst comes to the worst. Fingers crossed anyway :-)

Update: currently sat opposite my car, just found it on my way back from work. Well chuffed :-) there's a few scratches and scuffs on it but just happy to get it back. Police are on the way to pick it up and take it to SOCO. Still waiting on the blood results but this is some good news at least because I'm really starting to worry bout the insurance not covering anything so to lose a car would have been awful. Now it's just a couple of grands worth of stuff that can be replaced if the worst comes to the worst. Fingers crossed anyway :-)

thats great news, hope the rest is covered by the insurance.

Really sorry hear this Gaz! Hope the SOCO come up with something for you mate!

SOCO couldn't find their arse with both hands unfortunately..!!

What's your next move? Big dog or well hidden safe.

It's difficult to get a safe big enough to get a car in although these are sometimes called "garages". I would personally go for a "well hidden dog"..!!

H.

Terriable story pal.. I couldnt imagine this happening to me.. But let this be a learning curve for everyone how important making sure all is locked up and secure when your items are most vulnerable.

I really hope you get you items back on insurance or if there found. And to catch the bastards would be a bonus!

Paul

Hehe cheers guys. The plan now is to keep fingers crossed for the insurance, make sure we take all keys/purses etc up to bed with us and always double check doors etc. I also subtly need to get the names of all the labourers that are still working on the houses in our plot (only about 5-6 of them) because there is a big part of me that suspects them, and then i can do some "investigating" of my own :)

I also subtly need to get the names of all the labourers that are still working on the houses in our plot (only about 5-6 of them) because there is a big part of me that suspects them, and then i can do some "investigating" of my own :)

So glad you got both cars back :) If the above is true thats a terrible state of affairs :(

We told the builder about it a week ago so its been his responsibility to fix it but in the eyes of the insurer they probably wont see it that way. Spoken to the builder who has said worst case scenario we would be covered by his Liability insurance

There's your culprit right there. He'll have tipped off some 'mates' who will have done the job. Look at him first and foremost, probably for other thefts on other sites he's worked on.

As a thought, I had blood found in my car when it was broken in to which was clearly identified as one of the Pikey filth mongrels who broke into it. Nearly 2 years later and no conviction!! Mind you, he is in prison on Southern Ireland so at least he's not on the rampage near here.

What a complete nightmare for you! :( Hope you manage to get the insurance business sorted out.

My grandma was burgled many years ago when we went to stay with my dad abroad. She said she thought someone was watching the house the morning we left but I dismissed it. We got a taxi to the airport and we reckoned it must have had something to do with the firm because we'd not used them before.

She had heaps of silver ornaments stolen and loads of airmiles weirdly. They managed to get into an older style window in the kitchen. Although her insurance covered the burglary it didn't cover individually named items and she lost loads of money on really valuable stuff.

It's such an awful thing to happen.

Hehe cheers guys. The plan now is to keep fingers crossed for the insurance, make sure we take all keys/purses etc up to bed with us and always double check doors etc. I also subtly need to get the names of all the labourers that are still working on the houses in our plot (only about 5-6 of them) because there is a big part of me that suspects them, and then i can do some "investigating" of my own :)

Defo an inside job Gaz. It's ten years or so since we were done here, we had new windows and doors the week before and there were no signs of forced entry. I remember the fitters asking me if the wires to the old house alarm still worked and they were making a fuss of the brand new Celica on the drive as they had only come out a few weeks before.

Has your new place got an alarm? Was the first thing we did after the break in, we now always take our valuables up to bed with us and have some blunt instruments hanging around on the landing just in case.

H.