The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How i Diet to get Ripped for Competing Thread

Geo

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man, those pies are the nuts! You can't get them down here... My parents go up alot and bring loads back for me!! Got a freezer full of them! But she gets them from the butchers though, along with loads of other stuff you can't get down here! So wanting some now! May have to dig some out the freezer!

So dropped another 2.2lbs at weigh in this morning, so now down to 14.10st(207lbs) my Max weight for the Class is 202lbs, so im 5lbs shy of making that weight so far. i want to be at least 194lbs @ weigh in on Comp Day. Then i can rattle food before i step on stage and i should fill out and be tighter. So today is cheat day took a wee pic of stuff i've got lined up, this will do me till mid afternoon, then got a chippy for dinner and anything else i can squeeze in. :D

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/Thomson77/33cbf525.jpg

Geo, you are a beast :D. How can your stomach take all of that in one hit when your in the middle of a strict diet. Does it not make you ill?

Geo, you are a beast :D. How can your stomach take all of that in one hit when your in the middle of a strict diet. Does it not make you ill?

Its not one hit bud, its over the whole day. I wouldn't be able to stomach all that in one sitting mind you id give it a dam good try. :D Na it don't make me ill bud, try and eat every 2hrs ish. I use digestive enzymes to break down my food quicker, hence i can get alot more chow down me. :D

The way i see it, is Obese people don't get fat overnight. Unless they have a medical problem with a thyroid glad which makes then wana eat loads. Now as i eat loads the body has to deal with it, so it basically has burn all that crap off to cope with it. :D

Going going ..........

GONE!!!!!

Going well buddy, youve inspired me to get my RS into gear also, I dusted off the weights and multi gym a week or two ago - have dropped 5kg so far from 14st.

Ive been tempted to try Thermobol + CLA1000 to help shed the pounds quicker, have you tried this stuff before? thoughts?

Cheers big yin'

Going well buddy, youve inspired me to get my RS into gear also, I dusted off the weights and multi gym a week or two ago - have dropped 5kg so far from 14st.

Ive been tempted to try Thermobol + CLA1000 to help shed the pounds quicker, have you tried this stuff before? thoughts?

Cheers big yin'

Thermobl does have a roll to play dude, CLA 1000 i'll be adding in this week @ 3g per day and is one fantastic supplement. I'll also be adding in Yohmbine for stubborn fat in area's, also another great supplement. :D But nothing will compare to cardio and diet. :D

13 pages and a distinct lack of pictures :(

On way. :D

Nice work, Geo.. any latest pics of how the legs are dialling in?

There coming in well mate, kinda hard to take pics at a good angle to show them off though myself, will hopefully get some this week at the gym?

CLA purchased :)

Ps. put some trousers on will ya? ffs! :D

Quick read of this dude, i've highlighted the bit at the end though, take notice of it. :D

A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study, published in the December 2000 issue of the Journal of Nutrition found that CLA reduces fat and preserves muscle tissue. According to the research project manager, an average reduction of six pounds of body fat was found in the group that took CLA, compared to a placebo group. The study found that approximately 3.4 grams of CLA per day is the level needed to obtain the beneficial effects of CLA on body fat.

Dr. Michael Pariza, who conducted research on CLA with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, reported in August 2000 to the American Chemical Society that "It doesn't make a big fat cell get little. What it rather does is keep a little fat cell from getting big." Pariza's research did not find weight loss in his group of 71 overweight people, but what he did find was that when the dieters stopped dieting, and gained back weight, those taking CLA "were more likely to gain muscle and not fat.'' In a separate study conducted at Purdue University in Indiana, CLA was found to improve insulin levels in about two-thirds of diabetic patients, and moderately reduced the blood glucose level and triglyceride levels.

CLA has been the subject of a variety of research in the past several years, and findings also suggest that some of the other benefits of CLA include the following:

Increases metabolic rate -- This would obviously be a positive benefit for thyroid patients, as hypothyroidism -- even when treated -- can reduce the metabolic rate in some people.

Decreases abdominal fat -- Adrenal imbalances and hormonal shifts that are common in thyroid patients frequently cause rapid accumulation of abdominal fat, so this benefit could be quite helpful.

Enhances muscle growth -- Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in weight loss and management.

Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides -- Since many thyroid patients have elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, even with treatment, this benefit can have an impact on a thyroid patient's health.

Lowers insulin resistance -- Insulin resistance is a risk for some hypothyroid patients, and lowering it can also help prevent adult-onset diabetes and make it easier to control weight.

Reduces food-induced allergic reactions -- Since food allergies can be at play when weight loss becomes difficult, this can be of help to thyroid patients.

Enhances immune system -- Since most cases of thyroid disease are autoimmune in nature, enhancing the immune system's ability to function properly is a positive benefit.

If you're interested in taking CLA to help with weight loss, keep in mind that it's not a magic pill, and you will need to start a program of diet and exercise in order to successfully lose weight and keep it off.

If You Are Interested in Taking CLA

CLA is a supplement, and does not require a prescription. It is available at health food stores, and at online outlets like Drugstore.com. Experts recommend that you use a patented name brand, as some brands have inconsistent or insufficient amounts of CLA contained in them. The brand used in testing was "Tonalin" brand CLA, which comes in 1000 mg capsules. To obtain the level determined to be effective in the testing -- 3.4 g, or 3400 mg, per day -- you would need to take 4 of these capsules a day, with meals.

Please note also, that you should not think that CLA alone will help you lose weight. You still need to be, as I am, on a balanced, reduced-calorie, low-glycemic diet, and have to incorporate regular, vigorous exercise, and weight bearing activities, into your life.

Dont worry mate I'm on a fairly half decent diet, eating quality protein when I get a chance and supplimenting with Reflex - Peptide Fusion when I dont have time to make a meal (at work) I've also gone back on my old training plan and I do fairly regular cardio (ran 8 miles this morning then cut the grass - bout 200sq/m... chore in itself!)

To be honest I wasnt sure about taking it all but I've read good things on Muscletalk and now you so I'll give it a bash and see what happens!

Cheers,

Cuts are certainly coming in, Geo! And glad you managed to find the hedge trimmers.. although not sure the tighty whiteys were totally necessary :D

What a true scotsman looks like, pasty white. :D P.s The tighty whiteys got to be done, keep everything tucked in instead of swinging about like a Monkey, :p

Lookin' HOT to trot mate :love:

xx

Fit as fook

Easy Tiger. lol

Yesterday, was a nightmare day.

Woke as per Usual and did my morning cardio, with all my meals prepared for work. i had a busy day, worst being an upgrade i was doing to an IBM Pseries 570 went tits up due to the code level of it being so down level. It made the Server a vegetable. took me till 5am this morning to get it up and running. So this screwed up my eat, training, cardio. Which followed into today. Woke up at 13:00pm so missed out breakfast and cardio.

On a good note, i think it did me great. had a good 7 hours deep sleep, and managed to get in tonight and train legs.

So back to normal Routine tomorrow :D and head down for the last 11 weeks folks :D

Didn't realise you were in IT too, what do you do/who you work for? And are there any jobs going? :D

Yeah bud, work for http://www.bluechip.co.uk We look and maintain IBM midrange Servers. There is usually loads of jobs going down south all the time, none up here at the moment though. You looking for a change?

Maybe, anything going around Leeds area? ;)

Mmmmmm dunno mate you would need to Ask. I know though that were constantly taking on loads more work, so im sure there could be potential for hiring. Best bet is to phone in and Inquire bud. Whats your background?

Mmmmmm dunno mate you would need to Ask. I know though that were constantly taking on loads more work, so im sure there could be potential for hiring. Best bet is to phone in and Inquire bud. Whats your background?

Started off doing hardware repairs/maintenance stuff, but moved into Windows server support stuff. Doing mainly active directory and vmware support type stuff at the moment.

Started off doing hardware repairs/maintenance stuff, but moved into Windows server support stuff. Doing mainly active directory and vmware support type stuff at the moment.

defo get in contact with them down south dude, were based down in Franklin Court Bedford. No harm in asking you never know?