The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How i Diet to get Ripped for Competing Thread

Geo

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update -

Went to bed last night after eating my 2 lean burgers and having my 1 can of pop(Lemonade) O yes. within lying down i managed to get a sore head, dont know if it was from the freezing can of lemonade i had, got to sleep but tossed and turned all night due to head. Woke up this morning, sore head was still here. So i ditched the cardio, and took the dog for a walk instead, see if the fresh air cleared it up. It worked!!! Wwoooohoooo!

Just going to have breakfast, little later than normal. Will get my cardio in after training back tonight. First show of the Bodybuilding season get underway up here on Sat, so i'll be going to that one for a little motivation, and have a sneek peak who i'll be up against?

Keep up the good work, George! Hope the elbow clears up soon - feel free to PM me if you need any more exercises/techniques to do for it ;)

I'm doing loads of stretching on it bud, along with gentle massage. Also got a little acupuncture gizmo that fires a little pulse into the area. There all helping but not bloody quick enough. :(

Anything else I can do?

For my victims..ahem.. *patients*, I use a combination of deep tissue massage over trigger points and thickening in the extensor carpi radialis brevis & longus muscle bellies (these are the ones that wiggle your index and middle fingers, and most directly attach to the lateral epicondyle of the elbow), Cyriax-type frictions (basically, deep "rubbing") over the actual tendon insertion, various elbow/neck/nerve mobilisation techniques (too complicated to explain in brief), pulsed ultrasound over the tendon insertion, and occasionally "tennis-elbow brace"-style support taping.. all coupled with eccentric-oriented wrist curls (i.e. same as extension wrist curls, but emphasising 6+ sec negative phase).

There are a few other tricks of the trade, but these generally work pretty well for my patients.

For my victims..ahem.. *patients*, I use a combination of deep tissue massage over trigger points and thickening in the extensor carpi radialis brevis & longus muscle bellies (these are the ones that wiggle your index and middle fingers, and most directly attach to the lateral epicondyle of the elbow), Cyriax-type frictions (basically, deep "rubbing") over the actual tendon insertion, various elbow/neck/nerve mobilisation techniques (too complicated to explain in brief), pulsed ultrasound over the tendon insertion, and occasionally "tennis-elbow brace"-style support taping.. all coupled with eccentric-oriented wrist curls (i.e. same as extension wrist curls, but emphasising 6+ sec negative phase).

There are a few other tricks of the trade, but these generally work pretty well for my patients.

cool bud, understood that. I'll get on it ASAP! See if it helps.

Using Voltarol also, to kinda relieve the pain slightly.

cheers bud

will keep you posted

Done a 3 mile bike ride tonight bud, was going a quite a fast pace with some steaming runs, didn't feel as tired as I did when I was running! Think to get the same sort of work out I'll need to do it for longer!

My other half's brother bought loads of weights around today also, so I'm going to start lifting tomorrow :)

I did prefer biking to running as far as cardio goes, I'll probably do a couple of miles every night and gradually increase it a mile or so instead of running, my legs are burning well!

Some of the people me and my other half's brother passed must have thought i was mad, when we came to hills etc we were speeding up and giving it some and shouting "feel the burn COME ON!" :D

Well today im looking rather tighter around the midsection, abs are starting to come through now, which means most of my weight is coming off the stomach at the moment, this will change though as the body will determine where it comes off next?

Elbow is getting better everyday, been using some techniques that Sdistc had suggested to see if it will help improve healing time.

Back was smashed yesterday -

Tbar Rows

Bend over rows

Dead lifts

Seated Machine Row Standing

1 arm dumb bell row

Shrugs

Did my cardio last night about 9.30pm once done though i had a meal then bed, and was out like a light. Im pretty sure that doing cardio at night releases some form of sleep inducing hormones. I had a fantastic sleep.

Day off today, so spending it with Lindsay, even though it a Holiday friday, cardio was still done this morning. :D If you want something bad, you'll do anything to get there. :D

Well today im looking rather tighter around the midsection, abs are starting to come through now, which means most of my weight is coming off the stomach at the moment, this will change though as the body will determine where it comes off next?

Elbow is getting better everyday, been using some techniques that Sdistc had suggested to see if it will help improve healing time.

Back was smashed yesterday -

Tbar Rows

Bend over rows

Dead lifts

Seated Machine Row Standing

1 arm dumb bell row

Shrugs

Did my cardio last night about 9.30pm once done though i had a meal then bed, and was out like a light. Im pretty sure that doing cardio at night releases some form of sleep inducing hormones. I had a fantastic sleep.

Day off today, so spending it with Lindsay, even though it a Holiday friday, cardio was still done this morning. :D If you want something bad, you'll do anything to get there. :D

Looks good Geo. Mmm...T-Bar and barbell row .. my favourites :D

Good to read that your elbow starts to get better now.

Keep up the good motivation dude ... what is your actual weight?

Now you're getting the hang of it.

So your saying you want me to gently rub your Genitals, :blink: No thanks Bud, you can buy me a beer though. :D

Looks good Geo. Mmm...T-Bar and barbell row .. my favourites :D

Good to read that your elbow starts to get better now.

Keep up the good motivation dude ... what is your actual weight?

Yup, prep is going good mate. Been at it nearly 2 weeks now, no idea on weight after last week, weigh in is tomorrow morning so i'll find out then.

Yeah its getting better but i keep managing to hit it off things just now, :(

Ok so i changed my Diet as TBH i wasn't happy with the one i had written, so here is the new one. I've also added in the macros of eat meal beside it for those who are interested in it. Protein, Carbs, Fats. :D

Meal 1 -

100g Oats, 2scoops protein, 1 Banana(16p, 67c, 6f) (50p, 5.2c, 4.4f) (1p, 30c, 0f)

Meal 2 -

2 scoops protein, 2 tbls Natural Peanut Butter(50p, 5.2c, 4.4f) (15p, 30f, 6c)

Meal 3 -

200g chicken, 250g cooked white rice(50p, 3.4c, 13f) (8.2p, 75.6c, 2.2f)

(

Meal 4 -

4 Rice cakes, 1 tbls Natty Peanut Butter, 2scoops protein(2.4p, 28c, 0.8f) (7.5p, 3c, 15f) (50p, 5.2c, 4.4f)

Meal 5 -

200g Red Meat, 2 cups broccoli, 1 cup cauliflower(40p, 0c, 24f) (6p, 12c, 0f) (1p, 3c, 0f)

Meal 6 -

2scoops protein, 1 Natural Yoghurt, 1tbls Natty Peanut Butter (50p, 5.2c, 4.4f) (10.5p, 10.8c, 0.3f) (7.5p, 3c, 15f)

Total -

Protein 365.1

Carbs 302.6

Fats 123.9

I like simple diets, there easy to follow, more so for me as im out and about alot, which means i can take pretty much all my meals with me. :D I've just had the Rubicorn passion fruit drink, WOW!! :drool: very very nice!

Ok so i changed my Diet as TBH i wasn't happy with the one i had written, so here is the new one. I've also added in the macros of eat meal beside it for those who are interested in it. Protein, Carbs, Fats. :D

Meal 1 -

100g Oats, 2scoops protein, 1 Banana(16p, 67c, 6f) (50p, 5.2c, 4.4f) (1p, 30c, 0f)

Meal 2 -

2 scoops protein, 2 tbls Natural Peanut Butter(50p, 5.2c, 4.4f) (15p, 30f, 6c)

Meal 3 -

200g chicken, 250g cooked white rice(50p, 3.4c, 13f) (8.2p, 75.6c, 2.2f)

(

Meal 4 -

4 Rice cakes, 1 tbls Natty Peanut Butter, 2scoops protein(2.4p, 28c, 0.8f) (7.5p, 3c, 15f) (50p, 5.2c, 4.4f)

Meal 5 -

200g Red Meat, 2 cups broccoli, 1 cup cauliflower(40p, 0c, 24f) (6p, 12c, 0f) (1p, 3c, 0f)

Meal 6 -

2scoops protein, 1 Natural Yoghurt, 1tbls Natty Peanut Butter (50p, 5.2c, 4.4f) (10.5p, 10.8c, 0.3f) (7.5p, 3c, 15f)

Total -

Protein 365.1

Carbs 302.6

Fats 123.9

I like simple diets, there easy to follow, more so for me as im out and about alot, which means i can take pretty much all my meals with me. :D I've just had the Rubicorn passion fruit drink, WOW!! :drool: very very nice!

That's really helpful dude! Not a big fan of fruit but love my chicken and rice etc!

Picked up the bench and have loads of weights now so can definitely get into it hard! Might take my mind of the Supra going :D

That's really helpful dude! Not a big fan of fruit but love my chicken and rice etc!

Picked up the bench and have loads of weights now so can definitely get into it hard! Might take my mind of the Supra going :D

most folk will prob grow on that amount of food dude, but for me that will be my diet for the next 6 wks at least. :D Yeah im the same as you since the car is with Lee, my diet prep is keeping me Busy.

Just make sure you nail exercises in the right form dude, add little bit of weight each week, and go from there

I've just had the Rubicorn passion fruit drink, WOW!! :drool: very very nice!

Should try the guava and the mango one mate, they taste awesome too, iirc there is one called lychee which is a bit too sweet but still has a nice taste to it.

Not sure about the 'fat burning' properties for these ones though...

Can't wait till refeed day :(

Should try the guava and the mango one mate, they taste awesome too, iirc there is one called lychee which is a bit too sweet but still has a nice taste to it.

Not sure about the 'fat burning' properties for these ones though...

Can't wait till refeed day :(

Yeah iv got a few to try out bud, :D they are lovely. :D there more of an antioxidant than anything else. :D

Yeah refeed is sunday for me now, out all day at a comp tomorrow. :D

Sunday Weigh in -

So yesterday i was at the First Bodybuilding show of the Scottish Calendar. Got home at 12.30am. I had all my food with me yesterday so eating went as planned, didnt do any cardio as i use Saturday as a day off. Must say the standard was outstanding, looks like condition is a big winner, thats what i'll be aiming for, alot of guys were getting better placed with there condition rather than size.

so this morning im weighing in @ 15.8lbs so iv lost another lb. As i said in my other post i wasnt happy with my diet i had set out, so changed it and will be using it for 4 wks before i change it again. :D Im on course to hit my target weight for weigh in, so its all good! :D

Off for breakfast now, as just finished cardio, will try and beat last wks effort with food intake. :D

Sunday Weigh in -

So yesterday i was at the First Bodybuilding show of the Scottish Calendar. Got home at 12.30am. I had all my food with me yesterday so eating went as planned, didnt do any cardio as i use Saturday as a day off. Must say the standard was outstanding, looks like condition is a big winner, thats what i'll be aiming for, alot of guys were getting better placed with there condition rather than size.

so this morning im weighing in @ 15.8lbs so iv lost another lb. As i said in my other post i wasnt happy with my diet i had set out, so changed it and will be using it for 4 wks before i change it again. :D Im on course to hit my target weight for weigh in, so its all good! :D

Off for breakfast now, as just finished cardio, will try and beat last wks effort with food intake. :D

Sounds good George.

I have been really good for a week. 4 trips to the gym and generally having smaller meals. I have been having porridge for breakfast and lunch and then something like chicken or steak for tea. No fast food or chocolate. Mainly drinking water and only 4 pints on lager all week.

My main focus is to lose about a stone and get toned, I would like more bulk in my chest, arms and shoulders like I used to have when I was working on the tools.

What would you suggest Geo as I really do not know what I am doing?? The wife and kids have just come back from a week in Turkey and now I know it is going to be more difficult to diet as there is food and temptation everywhere..!!

H.

Will Power dude - If you have it then it easy :D

Just try and plan out what your going to have to eat, try and prepare stuff fresh, as its soooo easy to reach for a snack or something fast food.Soon as you start preparing fresh food it will catch on throughout the hosue. :D You the BOSS so you set the rules, :D

Best way for training

Bench 3x8-12 reps perfect form(make sure the chest is getting worked)

Incline Bench 3x8-12 reps

Bumb Bell Flys 3x8-12 reps

Seated Machine Press 2x20reps(squeeze making sure you fill he chest with blood)

Arms -

Standing dumb bell curls 3x8-12 reps

Barbell Curls 3x8-12 reps

Seated Curls 2x20 reps(same as above get the blood in there)

Shoulders -

Smith Machine Seated Press(very safe) 3x20reps(get the shoulders full of blood) if done right pretty much done at this point. :D

Side lateral raises 3x8-12reps

Front Raises 3x8-12 reps

Reverse Peck deck(rear delts) 3x8-12 reps

Its all about consistency dude, if you can nail that along with eat fresh food, watch how you change?

And try and cut Larger out through the week, until the wknd. :D

Will Power dude - If you have it then it easy :D

Just try and plan out what your going to have to eat, try and prepare stuff fresh, as its soooo easy to reach for a snack or something fast food.Soon as you start preparing fresh food it will catch on throughout the hosue. :D You the BOSS so you set the rules, :D

Best way for training

Bench 3x8-12 reps perfect form(make sure the chest is getting worked)

Incline Bench 3x8-12 reps

Bumb Bell Flys 3x8-12 reps

Seated Machine Press 2x20reps(squeeze making sure you fill he chest with blood)

Arms -

Standing dumb bell curls 3x8-12 reps

Barbell Curls 3x8-12 reps

Seated Curls 2x20 reps(same as above get the blood in there)

Shoulders -

Smith Machine Seated Press(very safe) 3x20reps(get the shoulders full of blood) if done right pretty much done at this point. :D

Side lateral raises 3x8-12reps

Front Raises 3x8-12 reps

Reverse Peck deck(rear delts) 3x8-12 reps

Its all about consistency dude, if you can nail that along with eat fresh food, watch how you change?

And try and cut Larger out through the week, until the wknd. :D

Cheers George. My job doesn't help as I am either driving or sat at a laptop.

I don't "normally" drink that much, probably about 2 pints a week on average and I have put a stop to drinking binges as I get "Rambo'd" and want to take everyone on..!! I am going to try and stick to my plan. Does your "cheat" day work for people like me or should I just stick to eating no crap at all?

H.