The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How i Diet to get Ripped for Competing Thread

Geo

Well weighed in this morning @ 15.9st :D drop of 5lbs over a 12hr period. Cardio has been done this morning 40mins. Now about to tuck into oats and protein, :D

Was that 5lbs lost by you taking a massive dump after yesterday's feast? :p

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that 5lbs lost by you taking a massive dump after yesterday's feast? :p

must of been one massive dump then. :D Yesterdays feast was only a little one dude, wait till im in full flight of the diet. Then you'll see some power eating. :D

cheers bud

wrong address its this one http://www.rubiconexotic.com :D

UPDATE -

Well i lost 4lbs this week :D Great start to plan for getting ripped. :D I've just had my first cheat meal of 3 today, full pack bacon, 5 fried runny eggs, 2 donuts, 1 choc muffin, coffee, all my vitamins and supplements. :D

More to follow :D

You have that all in 1 meal?

Also, everyone wondering 'OMG wow how did you lose all that weight' (not to burst his bubble) but he will lose a lot at the beginning, i expected you to lose more when you weigh around 16st

WOW! Not being well-versed in the dieting part, and at the risk of sounding obvious, is this amount of drop in weight (after such a big feeding day) a normal response for you?

yeah dude, its crazy how it works. really i lost the 4lbs through the week doing cardio, the extra 1lb was over the wknd, walking gardening, washing car etc, and with the amount of food i consumed the body has to deal with it, so it uses more fat/fuel to burn the high calorie food i've taken in. :D

You have that all in 1 meal?

Also, everyone wondering 'OMG wow how did you lose all that weight' (not to burst his bubble) but he will lose a lot at the beginning, i expected you to lose more when you weigh around 16st

yeah bud, i have all that in one sitting, i would have had more but forgot to take sausages out the freezer, :(

TBH bud im actually lean at the moment so the weight coming off is healthy weight so to speak, i'll gradually lose about 2lb a week for 16wks, this is the healthy way to do it, over a set period with my diet bang on. :D

i hear all these horror stories of people losing 10lbs and even more in there first week using the stupid diets, like a shake for breakfast, an apple for lunch, etc etc, drives me mad. you can eat loads of nice food, do some exercise and lose weight slowly and healthy.

yeah dude, its crazy how it works. really i lost the 4lbs through the week doing cardio, the extra 1lb was over the wknd, walking gardening, washing car etc, and with the amount of food i consumed the body has to deal with it, so it uses more fat/fuel to burn the high calorie food i've taken in. :D

yeah bud, i have all that in one sitting, i would have had more but forgot to take sausages out the freezer, :(

TBH bud im actually lean at the moment so the weight coming off is healthy weight so to speak, i'll gradually lose about 2lb a week for 16wks, this is the healthy way to do it, over a set period with my diet bang on. :D

i hear all these horror stories of people losing 10lbs and even more in there first week using the stupid diets, like a shake for breakfast, an apple for lunch, etc etc, drives me mad. you can eat loads of nice food, do some exercise and lose weight slowly and healthy.

You would be better off not eating so much in 1 meal, and make 2 meals out of it to keep your metabolism up and your body will be burning off more fat and not using getting rid of all the protein you ate.

All that in 1 meal is not going to be used, you can only consume around 35g of protein per meal, the rest you will just sh*t out - so its pointless stuffing yourself.

You only ever want to eat enough to cure your hunger, never eat untill you cant eat anymore.

You would be better off not eating so much in 1 meal, and make 2 meals out of it to keep your metabolism up and your body will be burning off more fat and not using getting rid of all the protein you ate.

All that in 1 meal is not going to be used, you can only consume around 35g of protein per meal, the rest you will just sh*t out - so its pointless stuffing yourself.

You only ever want to eat enough to cure your hunger, never eat untill you cant eat anymore.

My cheat days are to keep me sane dude, i do all my hard work over 6 days. On the one day i get off from eating clean, i do what ever i want. Im not trying to burn fat on a cheat day, im trying not to go stir crazy from the 8 meals i get through the day which are super clean, that plus cardio 2 x per day will drive anyone to Eat dirty.

I dont know if you know this, but iv actually competed before so i know what im doing, iv tried and tested it, :D

Just my opinion, didnt mean to come across like im tell you what to do :p

Not saying you dont know either, but as a personal trainier 'in training' (even on your cheat days) you would be better off not stuffing yourself, you will end up burning more fat.. but i guess you cant keep it up 7 days a week.. i know i cant

Just my opinion, didnt mean to come across like im tell you what to do :p

Not saying you dont know either, but as a personal trainier 'in training' (even on your cheat days) you would be better off not stuffing yourself, you will end up burning more fat.. but i guess you cant keep it up 7 days a week.. i know i cant

No worries bud, stuffing yourself on one day of the week wont do anything to your body, remember you cant get fat overnight. :D We can't eat clean all the time, its really there to keep me in check, like i burst my balls through the week to get to wknd for a cheat day. :D and if the excess cals help burn fat so be it, means my plan or being peeled is working.

I'm going to look at joining a gym this week. I did it before but didn't really have the determination to carry on with it but I'm going to make sure I do this time.

My only goal is to be able to sit down with no shirt on and be happy with how I look. I feel/look fine when standing up but I'm not happy with how I look sitting down topless as I get a "roll".

Hopefully I can stick to going to the gym this time as I've really cut down on the crap I was eating before and have lost 3 stone in doing so :)

No worries bud, stuffing yourself on one day of the week wont do anything to your body, remember you cant get fat overnight. :D We can't eat clean all the time, its really there to keep me in check, like i burst my balls through the week to get to wknd for a cheat day. :D and if the excess cals help burn fat so be it, means my plan or being peeled is working.

yea i know! I try and last the week and most of the time i do but the odd time i stuff my self with pizza n oreos mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i loveee oreos

that weight drops off fast! i'm going to start cutting in a couple days and i just hope and pray i manage to get half of your results, very impressive work mate

Its all to do with healthy eating and gently cardio dude, if you can nail the 2 of them, it has great results. :D

Very nice diet plan dude.

Don't forget to post monthly pics to show your progress.

Goog luck mate :)

Diet will change with how i lose weight dude, wanted a little bit more carbs in there this time, yeah i'll be getting pics updated soon as 3 wks goes by. :D

I'm going to look at joining a gym this week. I did it before but didn't really have the determination to carry on with it but I'm going to make sure I do this time.

My only goal is to be able to sit down with no shirt on and be happy with how I look. I feel/look fine when standing up but I'm not happy with how I look sitting down topless as I get a "roll".

Hopefully I can stick to going to the gym this time as I've really cut down on the crap I was eating before and have lost 3 stone in doing so :)

christ even iv got a roll when i sit down, even with me ripped. no getting away from this im afraid except a small roll. :D little changes and adding in cardio bud works a treat. :D

yea i know! I try and last the week and most of the time i do but the odd time i stuff my self with pizza n oreos mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i loveee oreos

Oreo's :D i know what im having on Sat now. :D

tonight was legs kinda changed it as my training partner is competing this weekend so he stops training on Wednesday and wanted a leg session in before he stops training to Carb up.

Seated Incline Leg press

Squats

Leg Extensions

Lying Curls(hamstrings)

Calves

Abs

Cardio was done this morning at 7am, but i never do cardio at night after a leg Session, legs are pretty much done by this time. Got one more meal to go before bed later. But for now im chilling on the forum. :D

Got Physio tomorrow at 11am for my elbow, stubborn thing wont go away quick. :(

I know what it feels like, been there before... Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow and theres no nasty news or surprises mate.

Hopefully it'll be a fit chick doing the massage/physio lol :D

tonight was legs kinda changed it as my training partner is competing this weekend so he stops training on Wednesday and wanted a leg session in before he stops training to Carb up.

Seated Incline Leg press

Squats

Leg Extensions

Lying Curls(hamstrings)

Calves

Abs

Cardio was done this morning at 7am, but i never do cardio at night after a leg Session, legs are pretty much done by this time. Got one more meal to go before bed later. But for now im chilling on the forum. :D

What do you do for your cardio? I've just got back in after wind down stretches after a 2 mile run, if I'm honest it killed me, managed half a mile walk for a min then ran etc but my biggest downfall is smoking at the moment so I'm planning to kick that after my current pack!

What's biking like for cardio? Will it burn as much as running?

I've got a weight bench coming tomorrow that I got of a mate also and hopefully some weights on a dumb bell but need a long bar :(

I know what it feels like, been there before... Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow and theres no nasty news or surprises mate.

Hopefully it'll be a fit chick doing the massage/physio lol :D

Its getting better dude, but not as quick as id like it to be. stopping me training bi's and certain tri movements but im training around it, fingers crossed it goes soon?

What do you do for your cardio? I've just got back in after wind down stretches after a 2 mile run, if I'm honest it killed me, managed half a mile walk for a min then ran etc but my biggest downfall is smoking at the moment so I'm planning to kick that after my current pack!

What's biking like for cardio? Will it burn as much as running?

I've got a weight bench coming tomorrow that I got of a mate also and hopefully some weights on a dumb bell but need a long bar :(

Iv got a treadmill in the house dude, iv got it set for speed 6.5 @ an incline of 4% for 40mins thats all i do. Gets a good sweat up and burns good cals. :D

Your best bet is to do fast paced walking(just as good for you) get some weight off then start some jogging, less weight to carry round. Bike is great for cardio, warm weather, hills, nothing better, kills the legs proper and get the lungs fired up.

OK so just my 40mins cardio, i've finished breakfast, now having some coffee with my supplements, and chilling before i go to physio at 11am. Feeling great into week 2 just now, legs are heavy from last nights leg session, they will loosen up a bit throughout the day. All my meals are prepared for today, just need some shopping for the rest of the week to get.

All in all its going great so far. :D

Hi RobD,

I gave up football in November and went for a run last week, it was exactly the same for me as it was for you (and I dont smoke), I had to stop after half a mile, it is just the way the body works when we have to get the muscle used to it. The quick way to shock the body into getting fit quickly is to do what geo mentioned before when he walks the dog, sprint for 10 or so seconds then walk for a minute or 2 until you recover, repeat that over and again, you will probably start feeling dizzy and light-headed after about 6 of those but it goes away within 5 minutes. (make sure you stretch and hold the stretch for 30 seconds for all leg muscles and repeat at least 5 times before doing sprints)

Hi RobD,

I gave up football in November and went for a run last week, it was exactly the same for me as it was for you (and I dont smoke), I had to stop after half a mile, it is just the way the body works when we have to get the muscle used to it. The quick way to shock the body into getting fit quickly is to do what geo mentioned before when he walks the dog, sprint for 10 or so seconds then walk for a minute or 2 until you recover, repeat that over and again, you will probably start feeling dizzy and light-headed after about 6 of those but it goes away within 5 minutes. (make sure you stretch and hold the stretch for 30 seconds for all leg muscles and repeat at least 5 times before doing sprints)

Thanks bud, I'll give that a try.

I'm looking forward to going for a run and it not hurting so much, I'll probably go for a run every night then :)

You won't fit a bucket seat now, will you? :p Sorry couldn't refrain :D

Keep up the good work man! :friday: And good luck :trophy:

Oh i'll fit, he he. :D

Cheers bud, yeah hope it all ends well, but really im only competing against myself, in that i want to beat the last place i got, which was 2nd, So im shooting for 1st.

So iv done my cardio this morning about to tuck into Breakfast. But before that, im doing 5 mins acupuncture on my Elbow, its a little Electronic gizmo that finds the points on the body then it administers a little shock current through it, link pins and needles feeling. Need this Elbow cleared up soon as its driving me nuts now.

I prepared all my food last night for today, chest and bi's hurt after last nights session, back in tonight for shoulders and tri's, its going well.

Mood wise im ok just now, although i really am craving stuff already. Donuts are at the top of the list. :D Long way to go. :(

So iv done my cardio this morning about to tuck into Breakfast. But before that, im doing 5 mins acupuncture on my Elbow, its a little Electronic gizmo that finds the points on the body then it administers a little shock current through it, link pins and needles feeling. Need this Elbow cleared up soon as its driving me nuts now.

I prepared all my food last night for today, chest and bi's hurt after last nights session, back in tonight for shoulders and tri's, its going well.

Mood wise im ok just now, although i really am craving stuff already. Donuts are at the top of the list. :D Long way to go. :(

Good stuff geo, I am following this thread with enthusiasm from someone who clearly knows their stuff :)

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum to you at the moment, pretty much on a dirty eating bulk phase, high calories, high protein, heavy compound lifts, 3 day split(back,bi's, chest, tris, shoulders, legs).

Going to pop you a PM shortly dude ;)

Good stuff geo, I am following this thread with enthusiasm from someone who clearly knows their stuff :)

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum to you at the moment, pretty much on a dirty eating bulk phase, high calories, high protein, heavy compound lifts, 3 day split(back,bi's, chest, tris, shoulders, legs).

Going to pop you a PM shortly dude ;)

Aaw man, high calorie food, :drool: i wish just now. :(

cool mate will look out for it. :D