The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How i Diet to get Ripped for Competing Thread

Geo

Make sure you post up the results!

Out of interest, what do you do for abs and sides? I've found the hardest bit to work (other than legs!) is my lower sides/abs. I've done a few sessions with a couple of PT's and none of them put this into it, plus I feel its my worst area.

Another question. Your tennis elbow, I take it for balance you can't work the opposite side on its own or even do very light training on the affected areas?

Sounds like all is going well.

Just one more thing! What shade of cuprinol do you use come event day? :D

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you post up the results!

Out of interest, what do you do for abs and sides? I've found the hardest bit to work (other than legs!) is my lower sides/abs. I've done a few sessions with a couple of PT's and none of them put this into it, plus I feel its my worst area.

Another question. Your tennis elbow, I take it for balance you can't work the opposite side on its own or even do very light training on the affected areas?

Sounds like all is going well.

Just one more thing! What shade of cuprinol do you use come event day? :D

results will be posted dude, :D maybe with a pic. :D

Right for abs, i only ever work them when dieting for a Comp, i never train them any other time. Reason is they get battered with a leg and back workout, so my core gets a good seeing too anyway.

Note!!!! Only way to see abs is to Diet and get all the fat from the midsection!! We all have abs, just the fat covers them. :D

if you want to work sides, then hold a weight in you hand then slide it down your leg towards the floor so your bent over this works the opposite side, then reverse.

my tennis elbow is getting better each day, iv re learned how to hold things and do certain exercises until its better, there is always ways to train. :D

Dream Tan, this stuff makes me go BROWN. :D

Just thinking about a workout gets me tired! Also wanted to bulk up, not overly big but well toned. My problem is trying to work gym sessions around 10 hour shifts and a family :(

What do you think to some weights at home? Would they tone enough to see a physical difference or just try and get to the gym more?

Just thinking about a workout gets me tired! Also wanted to bulk up, not overly big but well toned. My problem is trying to work gym sessions around 10 hour shifts and a family :(

What do you think to some weights at home? Would they tone enough to see a physical difference or just try and get to the gym more?

You'l be surprised what you can do at home with weights. Getting toned is easy, just make sure you get enough cardio in, and make sure you diet is in check. This way when your working out, your burning fat and keeping the muscle. :D

Impressive back mate, WIIIDE, That'll look great when your ripped. keep up the good work bud.

ah cheers bud, yeah should look great when all ripped up. Well thats the plan anyway. :D

Looking good big man :)

Yesterday was back day for me too... Hurt like fook this morning :blink: lol

Refeed day today :D Will be following this thread with interest.

p.s. That link right? (the rubicon one)

cheers bud

wrong address its this one http://www.rubiconexotic.com :D

UPDATE -

Well i lost 4lbs this week :D Great start to plan for getting ripped. :D I've just had my first cheat meal of 3 today, full pack bacon, 5 fried runny eggs, 2 donuts, 1 choc muffin, coffee, all my vitamins and supplements. :D

More to follow :D

UPDATE - [/b]

Well i lost 4lbs this week :D Great start to plan for getting ripped. :D I've just had my first cheat meal of 3 today, full pack bacon, 5 fried runny eggs, 2 donuts, 1 choc muffin, coffee, all my vitamins and supplements. :D

More to follow :D

Tut tut.;)

You'l be surprised what you can do at home with weights. Getting toned is easy, just make sure you get enough cardio in, and make sure you diet is in check. This way when your working out, your burning fat and keeping the muscle. :D

Is it worth getting any of the muscle builder shakes also? I'm going to get some dumbbells to start with and go for a run every other night! See where that gets me :)

Maybe some cheeky sit ups aswell.

Is it worth getting any of the muscle builder shakes also? I'm going to get some dumbbells to start with and go for a run every other night! See where that gets me :)

Maybe some cheeky sit ups aswell.

Just get a good Whey Protein dude, studies have now shown that its helps produce anabolic production. Which helps build muscle, make sure your getting 35g-50g protein, and 40g-50g carbs per meal. :D

Muslce Builder shakes(meal replacement are full of additives you dont want)

Cheat Day - Basically helps me mentally through the 16wks, but it also helps boost my metabolism for fat burning. The body see's me cramming it full of high cals, so it thinks my diet it over. Come tomorrow i start my diet again, and my body thinks sh*t i need to use fat for fuel here. :D Hence i go back into fat burning mode.

I've weighed myself again and im now 16st, :D so i've gained 4lbs in nearly 12hrs. Got some more junk to eat before bed, then back onto diet tomorrow morning with Fasted cardio 1st thing.

Food today so far -

Pack bacon

5 fried eggs

3 donuts

1 choc muffin

2 large cheese burgers

1 Banana

Steak Pie, chips, mushy Pea's

2ltr bottle Diet coke With citrus Zest

full pack of Rolo's :D Hell they were nice. :D

still a few hours before bed to ram some more stuff in :D

Do your cheat days get less ..ahem.. arteriosclerotic :p as you get closer to the competition?

Em i wont know until nearer the time dude. If i feel i need to drop them, then i will. But usually there kept in until about the 2/3 week mark bud. thing is with the amount of cardio and good food im eating arteriosclerotic wont come into play, even with the amount i eat on cheat days, :D

Come closer to the comp, cheat days actually make you look 10x better, tighter, more vascular fuller.

Food today so far -

Pack bacon

5 fried eggs

3 donuts

1 choc muffin

2 large cheese burgers

1 Banana

Steak Pie, chips, mushy Pea's

2ltr bottle Diet coke With citrus Zest

full pack of Rolo's :D Hell they were nice. :D

still a few hours before bed to ram some more stuff in :D

Lol, I'm going to try this next refeed day :D gonna look pregnant lol!