The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How i Diet to get Ripped for Competing Thread

Geo

Get rid of Hydroxycut it's rubbish now. It was okay before they banned EPH in us. When im getting ready to my show i only use the ECA, it always works. You have to manipulate with your carbs intake throughout the day. When i'm getting ready i do my cardio on an empty stomach in the morning, just after my weight training. Then i eat carbs, and protein meal. My total carbs and calories intake vary during the week, i'm normally between 2300-2600 calories a day. And 150-200 grams of carbs a day. Only once a week i increase my calorie intake to 4000 which is probably about 3000 from carbs.

And i continue this for about fourteen weeks which makes me drop from 22% to about 5% of bodyfat. On my last show i weighed 220LBS. I am 6ft2.

It's not easy but it pays for the achievement at the end. :)

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of Hydroxycut it's rubbish now. It was okay before they banned EPH in us. When im getting ready to my show i only use the ECA, it always works. You have to manipulate with your carbs intake throughout the day. When i'm getting ready i do my cardio on an empty stomach in the morning, just after my weight training. Then i eat carbs, and protein meal. My total carbs and calories intake vary during the week, i'm normally between 2300-2600 calories a day. And 150-200 grams of carbs a day. Only once a week i increase my calorie intake to 4000 which is probably about 3000 from carbs.

And i continue this for about fourteen weeks which makes me drop from 22% to about 5% of bodyfat. On my last show i weighed 220LBS. I am 6ft2.

It's not easy but it pays for the achievement at the end. :)

150-200 carbs dude, wow, i was on 304carbs and it was driving me mental. :( yeah i have a cheat day where i consume anything from 4000+cals upwards. :D its very hard work, people dont realise how hard.

yeah it's very hard, every step is painful. And you just don't want to do anything, just sit down and don't move! But when you see your reflection it gives you the motivation to carry on. And it's only fourteen weeks and it will all be over, NO PAIN NO GAIN. :')

• 5 months later...

Well thought I'd bring this thread back to life. :D

Its On, like Donkey Kong!!!!

16wks today i should be if all goes well i'll be stepping on stage. :D My elbow is pretty much healed after my OP. I started back training on Wednesday there after not training my upper half for 3 months. Lets just say im in agony with DOMS going every where. The plan is to grow into the show with dropping as much bodyfat as possible. :D

Here is my Diet i will be running for the next 10 wks, it won't change. I'll look at it again with 4 wks to go, and prob make simple changes as the last few wks come in.

Meal 1

80g Oats, 2scoops protein(blended and drink), 1 Banana, coffee, Multi Vit, VitC, amino acids, Glutamine(5g)

Meal 2

2scoops protein(in water), 4 rice cakes, 2 tbls natural peanut butter.

Meal 3

200g chicken(7 thai spices), 250g rice(cooked), water

Meal 4

2scoops protein, 2 tbls natural peanut butter, 5g glutamine

Meal 5

220g Extra Lean Mince, 1 onion, green beans, 1oxo cube. 5g glutamine.

Meal 6

2scoops protein, 1tbls natural peanut butter, 1 Natural Yoghurt, 5g glutamine

Cardio will be 2x per day @ 30mins for the first 3 wks, then it will change to 45mins 2x per day.

Supplements -

coffee

green tea

fat burner(no idea yet, will add this in, in 2 wks)

Glutamine

Multi Vit

VitC

B6

Amino Acids

CLA

I'll have one cheat day, this will be a Saturday where i can eat anything i like up until 12pm at night, making sure i try and hit 360g protein.

That's it folks, off to eat my chicken and Rice now. YUM!!!

That's some work dude,

I'm trying to loose weight now, never mind beef up :p. I really miss playing football so i'm trying to get in shape for april/may time to start playing five a sides again.

Cant wait to get playing again

no time like the present bud, just leave out all bad food. SIMPLES!

Yah, same here, big man... once I'm back at work this coming week, I'm back at the gym hardcore - but I've adjusted the diet already. Just need to sort out a meal plan a bit more, order more protein powder, and then start putting in some hard yards :D

When this thread first started it inspired me to start eating healthier, buy a treadmill and do a bit of exercise, anyway i've persisted with the healthy diet through the week and just eat loads of junk and takeaways on the weekends, since then i've lost over three stone in weight.

So thanks Geo for starting this thread, i've used it as a basic guide and took note and copied some of your meal plans to get to where I am now and feel great, i am fitter than I was, my back no longer hurts and my moobs have shrunk. I didn't really realise how much weight i'd lost until I had to get my wedding ring resized because it kept falling off, it is now 5 sizes smaller than it was lol.

Unfortunately I put on 10lbs over Christmas but know I can shift that fairly quickly now the mince pies and chocolates have all been eaten :)

How long did it take you to find something like that Mofo? There goes your shot of the car at the meet @ Xscape beeatch!! :p

When this thread first started it inspired me to start eating healthier, buy a treadmill and do a bit of exercise, anyway i've persisted with the healthy diet through the week and just eat loads of junk and takeaways on the weekends, since then i've lost over three stone in weight.

So thanks Geo for starting this thread, i've used it as a basic guide and took note and copied some of your meal plans to get to where I am now and feel great, i am fitter than I was, my back no longer hurts and my moobs have shrunk. I didn't really realise how much weight i'd lost until I had to get my wedding ring resized because it kept falling off, it is now 5 sizes smaller than it was lol.

Unfortunately I put on 10lbs over Christmas but know I can shift that fairly quickly now the mince pies and chocolates have all been eaten :)

Glad i could inspire bud, healthy eating and some fun cardio will do wonders. :D

Good luck Geo, looking forward to seeing how you get on this time around, sure gives me some good ideas on how to cut properly when the time comes for me to do it.

When you thinking mate, give yourself a trial run. 1 month at least as it is a mind **** you need good will power, i've got 2 choc muffins sitting here that are saying eat me, told them to do one, and wait till sat. Even if the sell by date is up this wk, there still getting eaten, lol

When you thinking mate, give yourself a trial run. 1 month at least as it is a mind **** you need good will power, i've got 2 choc muffins sitting here that are saying eat me, told them to do one, and wait till sat. Even if the sell by date is up this wk, there still getting eaten, lol

Not too sure, I was going to wait till I'm around the 20st mark but that means nothing, I will wait till I am happy with my size as I still feel skinny. You have good will power dude and your goals will mean more than mine, good luck and keep the updates coming :D

I have a lot of respect for anyone with the dedication to compete. I understand the discipline and sacrifice. I love working out but I don't have the time or will power to take it as seriously as you mate. Heres a couple of pics of me. 17st but I enjoy my food too much to take the vest off, haha!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]144150[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]144151[/ATTACH]

I have a lot of respect for anyone with the dedication to compete. I understand the discipline and sacrifice. I love working out but I don't have the time or will power to take it as seriously as you mate. Heres a couple of pics of me. 17st but I enjoy my food too much to take the vest off, haha!!

How tall are you mate? im 18stone 6'3" but look half the size of you (and im not fat)

@Geo, that just makes me want to eat :D

good size bud, arms look big. Yeah its pretty hard to diet for 16wks straight, will power is a must. Its just one of those things that im good at. Although i missed cardio this morning 1. Due to going to Edinburgh shortly and 2. Im bloody all sore from last nights back workout out, so had a little longer in bed. :D

How tall are you mate? im 18stone 6'3" but look half the size of you (and im not fat)

@Geo, that just makes me want to eat :D

Remember lads BB is an Illusion when you diet down you will look MASSIVE, compared to when your in a bulking state. Its one of those things, Oh look that guys looks massive, bloody hell look at him he's huge and ripped.