The mkiv Supra Owners Club

D1 spec lightweight wheel nuts

Dyer864

Hello !

I purchased a 20pc set of D1 spec wheel nuts (grey in colour, buy look dark steel colour if you know wot i mean) :blink:

I tried them on the car but because i have 25mm spacers on the rears the nuts stick out about that much and are of no use to me !

They measure 2" long(50mm ish) and are so light it's unbelieveable ! :cool: and have the D1 logo printed on them . i would post a pic of them but am having trouble uploading / downloading pics at the mo.

Anybody interested in them i can send them a pic. message to show what they are like .

Looking around £40 posted, thats what they are roughly going for on the net.

many thanks Dyers ;)

How do these alloy nuts hold up over time? Do they ever corrode onto the studs or anything like that?

(I am thinking about getting a set too).

According to certain forums they are made of Aluminum , some say Titanium so not quite sure ! don't think these will get corroded personally if made of the above . there are no locking nuts with these , just 20pc nut set .

Have a scout around for the best price , as i 've seen them vary from £39 to £49 .

i know someone that had a tyre change through a garage and they used pneumatic gun to put the nuts back on. due to being a light alloy they are also slightly softer. well the pneumatic gun crossed threaded the wheel. my mate had a flat tyre and had to call the AA as he couldnt remove his wheel! mechanic said he would have never gotten it off manually.

lesson is not to use pneumatic guns with light weight nuts. i never would due to that fact they WRECK your nuts ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.