The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to lose weight/How i get ripped for Competing !!

Geo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love you Geo.

Some serious do's and dont's would be appreciated. Eg, just had a can of diet coke and a chicken kebab after burning off 450 calories at the gym. Should I have had water and something else?

H.

I knew it, heheheh :p

one way to look at it is, after a spirited drive and the tank is empty would you go fill the supra up with Diesel?? Answers on a postcard please?

After a workout and burning off 450cals, the body is craving food. Now its upto you what you feed it? a nice protein rich meal, small amout of carbs, and veg. The reason why people dont do this, is because were lazy. Its easier to buy a kebab, and coke and eat it. Rather than prepare fresh chicken, fish, tuna, lean meat, boil potato's, and veg. 20mins max to cook a healthy meal. No reason not to have a can of pop a day, but not all the time, water or diluting juice is the most important thing you can give your body. :D

I'm very interested, I've put on 25kg since august after I stopped going to the gym due to working everyday in the new restaurant we opened and replacing exercise with overeating :) Like James I really struggle with diets of 1200 cals or less and i struggle to sustain it, the problem being that if i eat 1500 cals and burn 500 at the gym, I still struggle to lose weight but when I eat 1200 or less and stick to it, the weight falls off me. I read once that in the 2 weeks before stallone made the rambo film, he ate only 200 calories a day (just egg whites) and he became shredded.

my maximuscle diet was delivered Tuesday just need to get home and pick it up, I chose that one as it's got cla in it already, I am on course at the moment and have no way of cooking anything :( so it looks like I am on hold again just eating loads of tuna at the mo, and beef jerky seems to have alot of protein in it to , plus it's addictive lol, so been having a packet of that a day

Its basically an insight on how hard it actually is bud, its sure is an eye opener

I had to diet all my life everytime I fought but nowhere near the extent you'll have to go to. I'm really interested in this sort of thing. Good luck with it bud, I'll be watching with interest.

Another +1 for being interested. I've always wondered how to cut the fat away and maintain the muscle, everytime I try and lower my body fat a few % I seem to just lower my overall weight and mass.

Good luck with the comp preparations ;)

Im interested....in knowing how you measure body fat Geo? :)

use a mirror, i never measure my bodyfat. i kinda guess by how i look

Good luck dude and thanks for taking the time to take us through how you go through it all... Your a good man. In for the pics too:blink:

no probs bud, it really is an eye opener

Another +1 for being interested. I've always wondered how to cut the fat away and maintain the muscle, everytime I try and lower my body fat a few % I seem to just lower my overall weight and mass.

Good luck with the comp preparations ;)

it takes years and years to lose muscle, when dieting all were doing is striping the fat away to show the muscle and its definition. of course you will lose mass but its all about illusion. i will think i look small, but put me next to average joe and i'll look massive when ripped :D

So is this just a post about your training over the 15wks? Or are you asking for help/advice?

This week I started my 8 week training and diet plan for myself to hit 10% body fat, I would imagine im around 15% at the moment but im going to get measured tomorrow to make sure.

The main things im concentrating on is my diet and weight training, excerise should not be an issue due to boxing 3 times a week (i feel this should be sufficient for me, as im not overweight and need to beast up training)

Without going onto too much detail my daily food intake is based around 40% slow releasing carbs, 40% proteins and 20% fats, few examples are:

Carbs

Oatmeal, grits, brown rice, and sweet potatoes, in combination with fibrous sources such as green beans and broccoli.

Protien

Chicken, turkey, tuna, turkey, salmon, and lean red meats

Fats

Fish oils, flaxseed oil or extra virgin canned olive oil + average day to day fats.

My training is (again without too much detail)

Monday - Back/legs (lunch) Swimming/cycling (evening)

Tuesday - Boxing (club) Chest/biceps (evening)

Wednesday - Weights (Lunch) Swimming/cycling (evening)

Thursday - Boxing (club) Back/triceps (evening)

Friday - Arms/legs (lunch) relax (evening)

Saturday - Swimming/boxing/General weights (gym)

Sunday - day off

My meal last nite was:

Five-Spice Chicken

• 2 tbsp (25 ml) lemon juice

• 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid honey

• 1 tsp (5 ml) five-spice powder

• 8 chicken pieces

In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil, honey, five-spice powder and 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper. Remove skin from chicken if desired. Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat; let stand for 5 minutes.

In ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches and adding more oil if necessary. Drain fat from skillet.

Return all chicken to skillet. Roast in 425ºF (220ºC) oven until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.

Calories: 850

Protein: 182g

Fat: 31g

Carbs: 14g

Guest Andy Bird

Im up for some assistance

im a fair size guy.

6ft 2, 18.5 stone, 48 chest, 38 waist.

Want to drop to 16.5 stone to 17 and increase some more muscle

ill be keping an eye on this.

My little brother is 6ft 7 and 19.5 stone! He is 24!

Guest Andy Bird
So is this just a post about your training over the 15wks? Or are you asking for help/advice?

This week I started my 8 week training and diet plan for myself to hit 10% body fat, I would imagine im around 15% at the moment but im going to get measured tomorrow to make sure.

The main things im concentrating on is my diet and weight training, excerise should not be an issue due to boxing 3 times a week (i feel this should be sufficient for me, as im not overweight and need to beast up training)

Without going onto too much detail my daily food intake is based around 40% slow releasing carbs, 40% proteins and 20% fats, few examples are:

Carbs

Oatmeal, grits, brown rice, and sweet potatoes, in combination with fibrous sources such as green beans and broccoli.

Protien

Chicken, turkey, tuna, turkey, salmon, and lean red meats

Fats

Fish oils, flaxseed oil or extra virgin canned olive oil + average day to day fats.

My training is (again without too much detail)

Monday - Back/legs (lunch) Swimming/cycling (evening)

Tuesday - Boxing (club) Chest/biceps (evening)

Wednesday - Weights (Lunch) Swimming/cycling (evening)

Thursday - Boxing (club) Back/triceps (evening)

Friday - Arms/legs (lunch) relax (evening)

Saturday - Swimming/boxing/General weights (gym)

Sunday - day off

My meal last nite was:

Five-Spice Chicken

• 2 tbsp (25 ml) lemon juice

• 2 tsp (10 ml) liquid honey

• 1 tsp (5 ml) five-spice powder

• 8 chicken pieces

In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil, honey, five-spice powder and 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper. Remove skin from chicken if desired. Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat; let stand for 5 minutes.

In ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches and adding more oil if necessary. Drain fat from skillet.

Return all chicken to skillet. Roast in 425ºF (220ºC) oven until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.

Calories: 850

Protein: 182g

Fat: 31g

Carbs: 14g

holy shit when do you.work.then?

holy shit when do you.work.then?

I work 930-530, gym every lunch without fail and most evenings after ive eaten. Its the evenings that i struggle with as sometimes im nackered after a days work and gym on lunch, buts its only 8 weeks and gotta look good for summer ;-)