The mkiv Supra Owners Club

93 Black Manual N/A 71,500 miles

Carlos T

The time has sadly come to part with the Supra.

It’s a 1993 Black Manual N/A with 115,000k on the clock (71,500miles)

I have kept it completely standard apart from the wheels and a grill in the bumper and a private plate but other than that it hasn’t been messed around with. It past its last MOT with no advisories. It is MOT’d until the beginning of June 2011 and taxed till the end of May 2011.

The wheels are 18inch Ultra light GT2 staggered fit costing around £1200 when new with tyre‘s. Fronts measure 235/40/18 and rears 265/35/18 wrapped in falken rubber. I’ve had them on the car about a year and a half and the tyres have plenty of life left in them. There is a small amount of curb damage to the passenger rear rim of about 10cm in length (nearly cried when it happened, stupid narrow multi-storey car park) I will try to get some more pics up soon but my camera’s a bit fudged at the moment.

Interior is in good condition, nothing major, carpet just a lil worn on the drivers side by the accelerator pedal but with mats down u cant really see it. It has cloth front seats and I think its leather rears or fake leather, don’t really know. There is a small cigarette burn/hole in the drivers seat the size of a cigarette end. It was there when i got the car and i've never had anyone smoke in it.

There are 2 small strips of rust around the boot window which were there when I got the car and I’ve done my best to try to minimise it. One measures about 10cm in length from a width of 5mm down to 1mm on the left side of the boot lid and the other about 3cm in length and 5mm width on the right side. Having looked on the site it does seem that a few people have this issue but I saw a complete boot lid in black on the site yesterday for £45 so if you’re a perfectionist it probably won't cost a lot to put right. I’ve owned the car for coming up to 4 years now, it has a partial service history and would be due one in the not to distant future. It was first registered in 1999.

Mechanically it starts every time perfectly fine and I have recently replaced the battery due to the old one being a bit temperamental. You do sometimes get a squeak from the clutch pedal now and again when you press it down. I spoke to a few people about it and they say its nothing serious just needs a little oiling up. You do also sometimes get a rattling sound from the exhaust at low rev's, again been told that it sounds like the heat shield could be loose. I have recently had a brand new passenger rear calliper fitted as the old one had seized a tad so the car does currently have 3 red callipers and a black one. I could probably get it sorted when I get some free time or can give anyone that buys the car the paint to match. The car has had a little work done to the paint on the passenger rear quarter because some one scuffed it. No body damage just a scuff mark but all put right, the pics were taken after it was sorted. I have a pic of the scuff if anyone wants to see it.

My main reason for selling the car is that I am a keen surfer and am out surfing for most of my free time, but I have recently split with my partner and it was her car we used to take the boards and kit everywhere, and the supra just cant accommodate my boards as they wont fit in it or on it. So my favourite ever car has to make way for the thing I love doing the most. I’ve thought about getting a second car but I really cant afford to run two. So sadly his is my only option.

I am looking for £3495 ono for it.

Cheers Carlos.

I live just outside Plymouth in Cornwall.

A garage will give you naf all for it as they go on book value and they need a profit on it too. You'll get much more selling private, i would ask £3995 for that all day long, you can tell its been looked after and you cared for it and it looks very tidy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.