The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wayne Rooney possible ban

CJ

He's a good footballer to be fair to him. He is a chav at best making more money than the vast majority of people could ever dream of. I assume he feels some sort of invincibility judging by his actions over the years, he's not a "professional role model" at the end of the day, it's societies fault primarily for placing the likes of Rooney as the ideal role model for kids. From a footballing perspective he had a meteoric rise but as a person he's a d1ck.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with Scott and Swampy on this one. I don't think he has set out to be a role model and, in this day and age at least, I don't think people see him / them as role models any more.

What I mean is that many years ago pro footballers were seen as being one of the boys that had made good but were still thought of as being normal everyday blokes. Today, with all the money being bandied about, I think the majority of people don't look on them in the same light. They are now looked at more akin to film stars than everyday heroes and, as such, aren't seen in that role model position any more.

I'll never imagine what went through his head while he was ranting at the camera. He has a serious anger problem on the pitch and although this may make him a good player, he sacrifices any credibility at every given opportunity. I respect him as a footballer but as a man, he is a disgrace. I have an eight year old son who thinks Rooney is great, he doesn't really have a choice about being an idol, it just happens. He should at least "try" to set an example for the thousands of kids who are watching his every move.

Rio Ferdinand has stated on his "tw@tter" page that we should "give Wayne a break". Maybe he should get a sense of reality. Cock..!!

Too much money and not enough brains.

H.

He was a fool to do what he did, heat of the moment i guess as its not something he has done before. And as for you all going on about bad language what about both sets of fans and their chants, shall we have a word with them as well?

I would have thought a fine and a suspended 2 match ban would have been good enough but obviously as the FA are such fans of Man United and we get all the decisions they decided differently. What Wayne should have done is brought an air gun onto the pitch and shot a medic or thrown darts at the youth team, thats allowed appartently.

As for his conduct it should be better but he is just a footballer, nothing more and nothing less. As i child i can honestly say that i watched some shocking tackles and carrying's on but i never replicated them on the pitch, my parents had already got me on the road to understand wrong from right. Sadly that is missing in a lot of people these days, blame soft parents, the police and teachers for having their arms tied behind their backs and all those idiots who want to fluff people for doing wrong and not give a clip around the ear.

Would you be happy for anyone else to have a four letter word rant during prime time TV?

Just because it's during a Football match doesn't mean that it can be justified..

The man might be a good footballer, but as a person he is a complete knob.

I believe i said that he conducted himself badly and i dont think you could say anything to justify his actions but its not like you cant hear all those words in every football match hence my suggested punishment.

I am watching him because he plays football, not for any other reason. I dont expect him to start reading poetry or have tea with the queen or perhaps join the cloth, he is a footballer, that is why he is famous.

I am watching him because he plays football, not for any other reason. I dont expect him to start reading poetry or have tea with the queen or perhaps join the cloth, he is a footballer, that is why he is famous.

Some TV character once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

If I stood up in my office after winning a case and shouted at the top of my lungs in national television in front of all my clients "Rooney stylee" then I wouldn't be suspended for 2 weeks, my employer would simply throw me off the balcony (8 floors up) and then sack me.

Don't see why being a footballer means you can have a potty mouth on national television.

If I stood up in my office after winning a case and shouted at the top of my lungs in national television in front of all my clients "Rooney stylee" then I wouldn't be suspended for 2 weeks, my employer would simply throw me off the balcony (8 floors up) and then sack me.

Tell me, if you ran 10 yards through your office, slid in and knicked the ball off your colleague and then wacked it in the onion bag would you still get sacked? :rolleyes:

Why can't he just be happy when he's scored, most other players seem to just dance with the corner flag, their teammates or do somersaults, i've not witnessed any that look so angry and come out with such foul mouthed crap all the time.

Tell me, if you ran 10 yards through your office, slid in and knicked the ball off your colleague and then wacked it in the onion bag would you still get sacked? :rolleyes:

Yes. What a silly question though.

My point was that in our professional lives we all have standards we have to abide by. Why do some people think they are exceptions to the rule?

It was believable up until then :D:p

Lol. It does happen on rare occassions I'll have you know!

So, you are comparing a game of football to your place of work?

What a silly comparison.

You should try work in my office, it feels like that some times!

Personally I don't think it is a silly comparison at all. I'll make my point clearer for you. Rooney and I are professionals albeit in different professions. If you are a professional and working you shouldn't act unprofessional. If you are unprofessional whilst at work you shouldn't be surprised for being punished for doing so.

Furthermore, when on the pitch he is a representative of a business, Manchester United, and acting like a moron have a negative impact on the image of the business, in a similar way (if not worse) than me acting an idiot in front of clients. Look at the number of people in this thread posting negative comments about him. They don't do that about Giggs (any more) but that is because he keeps relatively quiet now and just does his job.

That said, irrespective of where you work, society has standards and it doesn't matter where you are, you shouldn't be surprised that if you act below the standards you will get criticised for it.

Rooney is just a complete cock who deserves his wife to screw him for every penny and leave the tosser.

Bit harsh. Man City fan by any chance? :D

So, you are comparing a game of football to your place of work?

What a silly comparison.

I don't think it's a silly comparison at all. People are paid to do a job and represent their company or football team. There are minimum standards of behaviour and Wayne Rooney dropped below those standards. I can't believe that you, United and Alex Ferguson don't think that he should be seriously punished. My 4 year old now has some new words in his vocabulary that I didn't bargain for. Perhaps Rooney would like it if I taught his kids a few swear words? Then again, a man with no standards or respect for others isn't going to be overly bothered is he?

H.

I don't think it's a silly comparison at all. People are paid to do a job and represent their company or football team. There are minimum standards of behaviour and Wayne Rooney dropped below those standards. I can't believe that you, United and Alex Ferguson don't think that he should be seriously punished. My 4 year old now has some new words in his vocabulary that I didn't bargain for. Perhaps Rooney would like it if I taught his kids a few swear words? Then again, a man with no standards or respect for others isn't going to be overly bothered is he?

H.

You cant possibly compare a place of work to a contact sport, never in a million years. And Rooneys rant, which i have said many times was out of live, is not going to suddenly teach young children swear words. And if it did then it would be up to the parent to tell them that that is bad language and no exceptable in the house unless Daddy hurts himself with the hammer again.