The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More stock oem Recaros :)

j_jza80

I ended up taking a pair of stock Recaros and frames in px for the last pair i sold. These aren't in quite the condition of the others, but they're still very presentable. The outer drivers bolster foams have collapsed a bit, but there's no wear, holes etc on the fabric.

I bought some replacement bolsters for the old seats to make them perfect, but the buyer was more than happy enough with how they were :)

Okay, I've some pics now. I had to fit them in the car, as I discovered the spare stock cloth seats I have are missing belt buckles :(

Drivers seat:

Please note, the bolsters look worse than usual, as I've pushed the fabric in to accentuate where they've collapsed. Please remember there's no wear etc to the bolsters.

This is the passenger seat:

Replacement bolsters:

The only wear showing on these seats is a small amount of bobbling on the seat bases/lower backs. You can buy a cheap machine for removing these.

I've tested the runners etc now they're in the car, these function perfectly.

Okay, spent most of the day making the drivers seat good. I replaced the Bottom outer bolster completely, then I replaced all the seat back bolsters. As said above, Recaro don't make replacement back bolsters for these anymore, so the shoulder sections are a hybrid of the new and old ones. IMO it's worked really well. You can feel the repair if you dig your fingers in, but they look almost perfect, and you wouldn't know just to sit in them.

You can see a very minimal amount of loose material at the top of the shoulders if you look hard enough, this is because of the new solid blocks recaro use to join to the headrest, not my repair.

As I'm sure you'll agree, this will be one of the better drivers seats available now, die to Recaro not making the spares. The passenger seat is in even better condition.

I got £600 for my old seats, I'm going to ask £550 for these. Obviously complete with subframes. I will take a pair of facelift mechanical seats in px, nothing else as there isn't the wiring in place for them :(

Fancy selling the subframes? give you £350 for them?

Ja:)

Hmmm... Tempting.

If the seats don't sell shortly, I'll be in touch. BTW, I'd take a set of mechanical facelift seats in px (even for the frames), you have/had a set don't you?

Cheers

Nah i dont have any, sold them mate, make your mind up soon bud as i will probs buy some other frames in the morning.:)

Okay, think I'll pass then for the time being. If you don't end up getting any though, give me a shout in a week or so. Cheers :)

I'd guess it's just a 12v ignition live it needs? Where did you take it from?

Even easier. It's a constant 12v feed so you can just take a decent length of wire straight from the battery and fuse it appropriately. I just earthed it to the submount. I checked a mates car to see if it was a constant feed or not, the seats work without any key in the ignition so obviously not a drain when not in use.

Even easier. It's a constant 12v feed so you can just take a decent length of wire straight from the battery and fuse it appropriately. I just earthed it to the submount. I checked a mates car to see if it was a constant feed or not, the seats work without any key in the ignition so obviously not a drain when not in use.

I'd rather go mechanical, but I'll keep this in mind. Cheers :)

Bump :)

I'm really surprised how little interest I've had in these. Remember, these will be some of the best condition ones that still exist now. Most have sagging and broken bolsters. These are fresh, and belie their age.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.