The mkiv Supra Owners Club

webuyanycar.com accused of giving 'misleading valuations' - SHOCKER!

Soop Dogg

I think the main complaint is form people who have had a valuation of their car online, and when they turn up to look at the car, they reduce the valuation by up to 25%.

I seem to remember someone talking about this on here a while back.

If thats the case then that is even worse!!!

The last thread was about an email sent out from one of the guys running the company blasting its employees saying they have to do better in the future at knocking down the price after the initial evaluation. Think he said he expected a minimum of 25% or somewhere there abouts. Knobs.

Yes they are a bunch of knobs but at the end of the day they are a business. Their aim is to make a profit not to do you any favours, you don't have to take the quote if they offer you less than you want. Worst case scenario is they waste your time and you walk away. How is it any different than going to look at a car that someone has not described properly which is 99% of the adverts on PH and Autotrader. It's a ploy to get you interested, everyone does it. It sucks but it happens you just have to put it down to experience.

They offered me £5,500 for my Golf. I let it go for £6,350 so their valuation wasn't as bad as I though it would be. I had heard about them coming to see the car the offering way less so I didn't even bother proceeding with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I sold them my SEAT Leon and got a very good price and painless deal, no drop in price when they came to do the deal but then i'd descibed it acurately which does help.

On the other hand i used there site to do a deal on my 330 BMW and they were miles off with the price so i simply didnt use them, simplez :)