The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do-Luck Bonnet

David P

I am still scratching my bald patch re. the bonnet for my project. :think:

I have been looking at this Do-Luck version, I reckon I could save reinventing a wheel and mod the inside of this to clear the supercharger and charge-cooler?

attachment.php?attachmentid=129170&d=1301322711

Does anyone have one of these to sell, or trade with a 199a silver U.K. spec or red/white J spec bonnet?

mad motors dont do them no more, thats who we trade with.

IBK went bust

So it looks like the choice is between a new real one, a second-hand real one or a second hand one with a free gap. :think:

If a new one costs :faint: that much then I will be too tight to pay even a used price.

By deduction, it looks like I am after a second hand IBK. :thumbs:

I was trying to be helpful, you never said "cheap pre owned"

Does anyone have one of these to sell, or trade with a 199a silver U.K. spec or red/white J spec bonnet?

You're correct I hadn't, it was an assumption to ask in this manner implied so.

It was helpful too in a :faint: kind of way. :thumbs:

I had noo idea they were so costly.

I wouldn't want a cheap fibreglass bonnet ever again, regardless of fit. More hassle than its worth IMO. Mod the stock bonnet instead.

I have a spare bonnet to play with, but not sure how to tackle it, this was looking a simpler route.

I cannot find a 'hood scoop' wide enough, and unsure whether to beat a bulge into it, or to cut, lift and weld in fillets?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.