The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Billet spark plug cover

dcarrter21

I hear what your saying. This one was made in my own time so it doesnt owe me alot. But a production run of them would. I done this so i could get an idea of what people think so its all good feedback and yes by the look of things my price is too high. Thankyou for the comments

MVP will buy in huge amount so it will cost them a lot less to produce these than a average Joe.

I know how much the ally will cost though, as probably do you.

I very much doubt the machinery has been bought to setup production on these so I can only guess that they are either being sub-conned or they are in fact being made during working hours at the place of work. That being the case the hourly rate for manufacture is covered, at least to a certain extent.

Just cynical old me I guess ;)

I hear what your saying. This one was made in my own time so it doesnt owe me alot. But a production run of them would. I done this so i could get an idea of what people think so its all good feedback and yes by the look of things my price is too high. Thankyou for the comments

I don't think the price is too high for a company, I think it just looks greedy if it is costing you say £20 to £30 to make and during working hours that you are being paid for anyway. There are always varying circumstances to every situation so I'm not saying that's what is going on, it would just seem that way from an engineer looking in :)

I had similar resources from the factory I used to work in, since moving I don't have the option of making anything :(

If i were to do them as a run of say 20 then they would be done as a normal job through the company i work for. Thats what im trying to gauge the intrest for. I think i need to look into the cost, im sure i can easily get it under the £100 mark. Cheers for the comments again

Just a heads up mate, i did exactly the same as you are now and had lots of interest which sadly disapeared when i'd made 10 sets.

I sold them all but it took quite a while.

Mine were a bit more involved though as the cam pulley cover was a lot more work to make.

Good luck with it

In my opinion , Toyota made them in plastic and put slots in them to aid cooling , underneath is a hot engine and on top the coil packs , a metal cover would retain heat and form a mini oven for the coil pack and wiring below - not for me ; function over form

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.