The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hear a rumour there is an Iphone five coming out soon?

Blackie

What Iphone does he have? That must be a fecking record to be honest.

I borrowed my mates Iphone for a shot and drained half the battery in 20 mins playing games. If it is lasting a day after 3 hours of gameplay, unknown amount of calls and constant wifi/bluetooth access then it is seriously up for the longest lasting iphone battery ever to be in existance.

Any of the ones I have had my hands on can't take anymore than 2 hours of gameplay without dying, and that doesn't include running for the rest of the day. Full charge... 2 hours of gameplay.. dead.

That isn't just the Iphone either, any of the power hungry smartphones. They are all the same. We all want the moon on a stick though. Powerfull battery hungry phones that are small and lightweight lol.

His got an iPhone 4, his not constantly playing games but mainly listening to music on the way on and home, his wife calls a min 5 times a day to let him know she is cooking food or something, he gets so fed up everything he sees he call! :D

I know what you mean about playing games though, but I am not surprised, like you said, everyone wants the moon on a stick, this was his point, he was moaning his old Nokia from 5 years ago was much better battery life. He couldn't understand how this one don't last longer than that :blink:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the 5 actually be able to get a signal this time? I mean, without the person who paid £500 for JUST A PHONE being told they are "holding it incorrectly" and then having to hold it in the Apple™ approved way, or even having to buy ( :blink: ) an Apple™ approved cover for it to let the signal in? I mean, in amongst the other massive innovations of course. Like, um. Pffft. er.

Well it's new and it's Apple™, that's all some people need I guess. They could sell you water as car fuel for twice the price and you'd a) put it in the tank, b) pretend it was better than V-power, and c) defend it on forums :rlol:

It's all moving to HTML 5 video formats so that's becoming less important by the minute.

And this I laugh in the face of. WMV works, excellently, from a colour, quality, filesize, and most importantly, portability perspective. I've been doing a lot of work around codecs recently and every single one of the new shiny trendy 'portable' ones are a crock of inconsistent crap. m2ts, mp4, h264, mkv... The sound clips and pops, or it's mysteriously dark, or it chugs, or it loses audio sync, or the filesize is huge, or it introduces big artefacts, and at the end of all that you need to install codecs and players to actually view the shoddy results.

Whereas you put something out there as WMV and you can play it on your mums' laptop straight out of the box, perfectly. In HD 5.1 surround. No comparison.

And just to head off the "ah well you're doing it all wrong, you should use product x and setting y" comments, my point is that I shouldn't need to download x codec over y or z and then set 15 sprockety options after scouring the internet for the buried info, and then run it through a beta conversion tool with other options ticked to result in something a bit crapper than you get with WMV. If that's your defence it's no defence at all, it's just a niche hobbyist product.

You may choke on the fact it's a Microsoft product, or complain that it's only 'portable' on Windows boxes (which is untrue anyway), but I don't care, I'm platform agnostic - I just wanted what worked best, and it's this by miles. Even my new telly plays them perfectly, whereas it chokes on all the wundercodecs :)

I hate codecs in general because of all this rubbish.