The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Manual, write off, smashed up?

Graham S

Ok guys and girls.

Following on from my earlier post regarding a gearbox, I'll try another approach!

What is the chances of a crash damaged/written off supra being available to buy? What i'm thinking is stripping it for the rest of the parts I need then scrapping the remaining parts/shell.

Obviously an NA is the cheapest option but where would I start looking to find one that I can get before they go to the scrap yard, where i'd have to pay an arm and a leg for anything and everything. Do these things become available??

Thanks people for reading another useless thread but i'm getting desperate and really trying hard not to make a certain orange beast available to the vultures!

There is this one available up our way, but its quite a distance from you :)

http://www.ne-motorsalvage.co.uk/pages/page_33.php?value1=TOYOTA&value2=%&value3=salvage&value4=MakeModel&value5=0&page_type=&mode=detail&ID=129786

Just your colour too :D

I've seen it whilst I was down there for something else and can tell you that it is an automatic and all of the aftermarket body parts appear to be original skirts and spats are Toyota plastic, not fibre glass replicas.

Interesting.. £1500 quid seems extreme for a write off NA though! If it was a manual i'd consider it but its auto probably not cost effective to sell what I wouldn't need!

Thats almost there though. Need to find one before it gets to some money grabbing scrap dealer though!

Thanks for the suggestion though mate, Colour is spot on too! :thumbs:

Shane has a good N/A for less, or Keron will always give you a good deal.

Shane? How much? Linky? I think i've tried Keron mate, didn't have any manuals if I remember right.

Did you get anywhere with that one in A1? It looked pretty much undamaged and complete. Not sure if it was an auto or 5spd though

Rang them up mate and it was an auto, and he wanted big money for the box too! I'm in the wrong trade I really am! I need to stop fixing cars and start finding dead ones!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.