The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering Selling my 94 SZ/TT converted Auto Supra

Peter P

Hi Guys,

Following some unfortunate financial developments, I am having to consider selling my Supra. :(

I've had the car for only 4 months and in that time I have been busy tidying up various issues and sorting out the engine bay as some of you would have seen in my other thread. I paid £4K when I bought this off Absz (not trying to rip people off and being 100% honest) and have since spent a lot of money improving the engine bay with things like the chromed TRD strutbrace, TRD oil and radiator caps, polished cam covers, chromed bonnet stay, painted sparkplug cover, polished slam panel etc.

The mileage shown is 149K but the TT engine only had 70K on it when it was fitted by Re:Work back in mid 2009 with receipts to prove.

My reason for sale is I want to sell the Supra and my Freelander TD4, and use the money from both to buy something else I can actually use! The car drove without fault when I picked it up and the turbos pull well with no hesitation or smoke.

I've only driven it once, so the service Absz did with fully synthetic engine oil, iridium plugs and various seals and gaskets will be in good shape still. There are no oil or water leaks from what I have seen and the car has been garaged since I collected it.

Full spec list as follows:

- 1993 Supra JZA80 SZ with complete TT conversion to include LSD and all necessary TT parts.

- Car is presented in a very striking MG Blue which has been done recently. There are a couple of areas that need touching up but nothing serious.

- Car has a full Veilside style kit but not the giant rear wing! Instead, it has a colour coded TRD style wing which looks a lot better IMO.

- The vertical lift doors are still in place, as I didn't get round to removing them. These can be put back to normal quite easily, and the mechanisms are worth £500 new so could probably be sold on for something via eBay.

- Car is running 1bar boost via an AEM tru-boost controller and there are receipts for a restrictor ring from Whifbitz, double de-cats and an HKS Superdragger in place so BPU.

- Set of Silver 18" Rota GTR alloys with 255/35 ZR Yokohama Tyres all with plenty of tread in place. Some minor scuffs from previous owner but nothing serious.

- I have fitted a set of Stainless Steel Thor dials with blue backlights that look the part alongside the Carbon effect dash panels as can be seen in the photos.

- There is a Clifford Concept 650 G5 Alarm and Immobiliser installed and I have the certificate of installation along with both fobs.

- Engine bay has been tidied up thanks to various parts from Rob Mitchell to include:

Chromed TRD Strutbrace, polished cam covers, stainless relay cover, stainless diagnostic port cover, chromed bonnet stay, stainless slam panel, chromed brake pipe, TRD oil cap, TRD radiator cap as well as the painted sparkplug cover with striking Viper style stripes.

- Car will come with D1 annodised blue wheel nuts as well which should set the wheels off nicely.

The MOT is good until July 2011 (3 months) but can't see why it wouldn't go through another one as it hasn't been anywhere since I got it.

Car is currently SORN so buyer would either need to tax it or collect via trailer/collection service.

I have a few receipts and old MOT's as well as the original de-registration document from Japan being an import plus some other receipts for work thats been done.

This is a really good base for someone as a project and with no ABS to weigh you down, it could make for a great track car if preferred.

I have a few other things to sell I have collected and will be posting a thread in the parts section as well:

- FMIC with pipes and universal fitting kit £150

- Full Endless uprated brake setup which consists of two huge 6-Pot front calipers, two 4-Pot rears, set of four brake discs with lots of life in them, set of lightly used pads as well as a complete set of braided lines. These are in the Endless blue colour so match the car perfectly. I want £1,500 for these which is what I paid a month or so back when I bought them off Jurgen.

- Full set of SuperPro buses. These retail well over £500 but transform the tired suspension and improve feedback through the steering more than any other modification. Steve Linton has these on his track car and they made a massive difference to the handling. I want £350 for these being brand new and unopened.

If the buyer wants any of the above then they have first refusal, but I will happily sell these via the Parts section if preferred.

Price wise I want £4,750ovno (this is for the car as it is so none of the parts shown above are included but can be for the additional amounts shown)

I don't have to sell this so stupid offers will be ignored as I am not looking to give it away and feel the price is fair based on the condition and work I have done since taking ownership.

Hopefully someone will see the same potential I did and finish this off and enjoy it.

Any questions, please drop me a PM or post here but kindly refrain from posts telling me it's too expensive or there are better ones out there etc :rolleyes:

Any positive feedback is welcome however and any additional pictures can be arranged upon request.

I will add the photos into the thread when I get time but if you follow this link you will see how it looks from my recent thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?238466-My-Supra-with-better-pictures!

Cheers.

Peter

gutted mate, you waited so long for her and now it looks like its got to go. I would buy some engine bling bits if you put things back to stock to reduce the price of the whole car. would also buy the brake setup but not within my budget at the moment due to turbo kit saving

Cheers guys :thumbs:

I'm going to try selling it as a whole Rob, but the brakes, FMIC and full set of SuperPro bushes will be up for grabs via the Parts section shortly.

The transmission is stock 4-spd auto pezzler.

Now on PistonHeads as well.

Cheers,

Pete :)

it was my old car cost me a fortune... would be a good buy for some one..

pete its a shame your selling still looks nice, eng looking much better hope it stays around, your not a fan of the door hinges i fitted and they cost me £700 tooo madness.

it was my old car cost me a fortune... would be a good buy for some one..

pete its a shame your selling still looks nice, eng looking much better hope it stays around, your not a fan of the door hinges i fitted and they cost me £700 tooo madness.

Hi Mate,

The doors don't do it for me personally but I know there are some people who would love that sort of thing.

The engine bay really does set this car off and is part of the reason why I don't really want to pull it all apart again to sell the polished bits off separately.

Saying that, looks like I may have no choice as apart from some interest from a couple of German buyers through PistonHeads, I haven't had any interest!

Price is now £4,500ovno as well so don't think I can do much more! :(

Hopefully it will stay in the UK and someone will get to enjoy it as it really is a striking car to look at.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.