The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you regard as the best console over the 80/90's Era

Geo

I was down at my Folks over the wknd and they said to me that i had some stuff in the loft did i want it? Or could they throw it out? So i went and looked and what did i find, the Super Famicom or SNES as its other wise known.

This got me thinking, what was the best Console over the 80/90's Era??

I take it the Atari ST 1040 and Amigas are not in the category since they were full blown computers.

yeah, i did think to add them but like the spectrum i thought they didnt class as a console. :D Oh how i loved my spectrum :D

I had the snes! Loved it!.. It came to an unfortunate end when I swapped it for the megadrive with a friend just for a few weeks.. His TV fell on top of it smashing super mario into the console :(

His mum tried to give me £5 to make up for it... He was promptly told that he won't be getting his sega back :D

Sonic is ace but mario wins for me.

I had a few consoles, Megadrive, SNES, sega saturn, playstation, gameboy, Amiga CD32 and Jaguar to name a few.

Must say my favourate was the sega saturn, a hugely underrated machine with a great library of games and whooped the playstation when it came to 2D fighters, much better pad for that sort of thing also.

Sold mine a few years back, I now have 2 more ;). The shining force / holy ark and fighters megamix games are well worth checking out.

The Amiga CD32 a lot of people probably never heard of but it was a great little console and had some awesome games, I still use mine regularly when I need my retro fix. Gameboy gets lots of use in the form of emulators on my Galaxy S with the zelda games and megaman. N64 also good, I liked killer instinct gold which a lot of people were negative about but not found another fighter that needs reactions like that. Jaguar, yeah it was fairly crappy but amazing version of wolfenstein and doom among others.

Just realised how useless it was responding as all had great games :)

My brother collects dreamcast stuff, he might be interested if you list what you have and cash you want. Dreamcast was an awesome machine that deserved to do well, the boxes on them were pretty bad though, mind you the cardboard saturn ones were worse but not as bad as snes ones, never any good quality second hand ones, all hacked to bits.

If we are allowed to include computers then it would have to be the Amiga for me, nothing comes close to hired guns and turrican for me :)

Nostalgic edit: just remembered I have a good condition boxed atari lynx in the loft. Pretty impressive for its time.