The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£12k budget for a AWD...

jonathanc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's in the list as well looking at the 2 door version but not sure how they chalk up against the newer TTs? :p (looking at the 3.2 DSG Quattros)

This is the one I am enquiring about but not sure about the beige leather :p

http://www.supercar.co.uk/ContentDelivery/VehicleImage.axd?OfficeId=1&VehicleId=601295410&View=1&Width=468&Height=312&DefaultImage=audi&UC=2

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/tt/3.2-quattro/london/601295410-11870.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

S4 is a nice car, i enjoyed mine but needed something a bit bigger so had to sell it, cant stand the TT, birds car.

Dont get a cayenne, lovely car but just silly on fuel, i sold mine, i took an X5 in px and surprised myself that i like it, might keep a while.

Now to give you a better answers we need a few things answering first:

* Will it be a daily driver? And I mean a lot of daily driving?

* Does it need to practical?

* Is fuel an issue? (Hand in hand with the first question)

One more thing, I wouldn't base your whole buying a car decision on 2 weeks of snow.

Sods law, you will be off on holiday then :D

S4 is a nice car, i enjoyed mine but needed something a bit bigger so had to sell it, cant stand the TT, birds car.

Dont get a cayenne, lovely car but just silly on fuel, i sold mine, i took an X5 in px and surprised myself that i like it, might keep a while.

hmm... I thought you just got your Cayenne? :D The new X5s does look nice but I am not a fan of the old one.

Thinking of S4 as well but can't seem to find one that suits my budget and requirement. I guess I will hang on a little longer to find the right one...

Now to give you a better answers we need a few things answering first:

* Will it be a daily driver? And I mean a lot of daily driving?

* Does it need to practical?

* Is fuel an issue? (Hand in hand with the first question)

One more thing, I wouldn't base your whole buying a car decision on 2 weeks of snow.

Sods law, you will be off on holiday then :D

Hey!

1) Yes daily driver for work mostly but not a lot of driving. Maybe 18 miles a day? Roughly 80 miles a week. I want something comfortable thats why thinking of switching from my current RX8. The rx8 is really nice looking and also good for a spirited drive but you can't believe how cheap some of the plastics are inside...

2) Don't need to be practical :) As long as its reliable ofc...

3) Not really an issue atm.

It's not because of the snow but because I always want a 4WD! :D On a serious note this might be the last time I can switch car (buying house etc...) so I need to make it a good un. Would really like 4wd for the year round practicallity. For me its either RWD or AWD :p Don't really like FWDs... only FWD I fancy is the new RS500 but that's way out of budget hehe.

It does sound like the newer TT will tick your boxes, and IMO its a LOT more masculine than the old one. They seem to really hold their price as well, but then they were expensive new. Personally, I love beige/cream interiors and in a small car like the TT it will help make it feel bigger, more open. You'll likely even find other cars with dark interiors oppresive for a while afterwards, I know I did. Shame you're stuck on AWD, a lot of 350z's around for little money - I just bought a 1 owner 57plate 313GT model for not much over 13k and adore it.

A buddy of mine had an RX8. I took it for a weekend and I never thought I could spend that much money on gas! Never took it again :) I had a 350Z. Pretty good power for stock and great on gas compared to the RX8. I'm with OZZ... if you would be willing to go for a RWD, 350Z is a great buy :D

Hey!

1) Yes daily driver for work mostly but not a lot of driving. Maybe 18 miles a day? Roughly 80 miles a week. I want something comfortable thats why thinking of switching from my current RX8. The rx8 is really nice looking and also good for a spirited drive but you can't believe how cheap some of the plastics are inside...

2) Don't need to be practical :) As long as its reliable ofc...

3) Not really an issue atm.

It's not because of the snow but because I always want a 4WD! :D On a serious note this might be the last time I can switch car (buying house etc...) so I need to make it a good un. Would really like 4wd for the year round practicallity. For me its either RWD or AWD :p Don't really like FWDs... only FWD I fancy is the new RS500 but that's way out of budget hehe.

Hey dude!

Understand where you are coming from... so here is my sugguestions:

If you don't mind giving up a little comfort, this car looks and drives brilliantly, you will be always smiling.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2617024.htm

Just pure comfort, it has to be the below (maybe a little out of your budget but its a bloody bargain!).

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2591009.htm

And my final sugguestion is a Jeep, you can also for the V10 TDi if you like.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2376501.htm

It does sound like the newer TT will tick your boxes, and IMO its a LOT more masculine than the old one. They seem to really hold their price as well, but then they were expensive new. Personally, I love beige/cream interiors and in a small car like the TT it will help make it feel bigger, more open. You'll likely even find other cars with dark interiors oppresive for a while afterwards, I know I did. Shame you're stuck on AWD, a lot of 350z's around for little money - I just bought a 1 owner 57plate 313GT model for not much over 13k and adore it.

Yeah so far I think the mk2 TT is closest to my requirements. Nice looks, AWD, beefy engine (3.2), and German quality. A big plus is some of them come with the BOSE sound too !

Looked at 350z (earlier versions) but they don't really look as exciting as my RX8 from the outside. Not sure of the interior quality vs RX8 tho.

A buddy of mine had an RX8. I took it for a weekend and I never thought I could spend that much money on gas! Never took it again :) I had a 350Z. Pretty good power for stock and great on gas compared to the RX8. I'm with OZZ... if you would be willing to go for a RWD, 350Z is a great buy :D

Yea the RX8 is really demanding on petrol but tbh not so much on oil as everyone dreads. It's really fun to rev around all the time kinna like a RWD Vtec :p Never driven 350z so can't compare. Nissan's build quality better compared to Mazdas?

Hey dude!

Understand where you are coming from... so here is my sugguestions:

If you don't mind giving up a little comfort, this car looks and drives brilliantly, you will be always smiling.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2617024.htm

Just pure comfort, it has to be the below (maybe a little out of your budget but its a bloody bargain!).

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2591009.htm

And my final sugguestion is a Jeep, you can also for the V10 TDi if you like.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2376501.htm

Think he mentioned reliable :p

Evo good suggestion but I am moving into new house soon and insurance gonna rape me if I buy Evo lol. Tempted on the Phaeton as well as A8s but not sure if I want a big car. Plus I am only 30 lol and not director or some big shot so dont know if I suit the car :p

Jeep? Well I've heard bad things about American build qualities :p

new shape stagea 300 bhp and yours for 6.7 k and spend the rest on the sup

hmmmm looks nice that one but I don't really like estates hehe. No offense to all estate lovers tho! :D

Yeah so far I think the mk2 TT is closest to my requirements. Nice looks, AWD, beefy engine (3.2), and German quality. A big plus is some of them come with the BOSE sound too !

Looked at 350z (earlier versions) but they don't really look as exciting as my RX8 from the outside. Not sure of the interior quality vs RX8 tho.

Yea the RX8 is really demanding on petrol but tbh not so much on oil as everyone dreads. It's really fun to rev around all the time kinna like a RWD Vtec :p Never driven 350z so can't compare. Nissan's build quality better compared to Mazdas?

Evo good suggestion but I am moving into new house soon and insurance gonna rape me if I buy Evo lol. Tempted on the Phaeton as well as A8s but not sure if I want a big car. Plus I am only 30 lol and not director or some big shot so dont know if I suit the car :p

Jeep? Well I've heard bad things about American build qualities :p

Oi! You never even checked the last link! It is a VW! :D

Well it looks like most of the options point to an Audi of some sort as they are pretty reliable (unless you get an A5), and a lot of Audi come in AWD. Though you will very quickly find them bland & boring, then you will regret your choice.

;)

Oi! You never even checked the last link! It is a VW! :D

Well it looks like most of the options point to an Audi of some sort as they are pretty reliable (unless you get an A5), and a lot of Audi come in AWD. Though you will very quickly find them bland & boring, then you will regret your choice.

;)

yeah too bad not more cars come with AWD, at least sport ones :p They are a bit bland yes but take a look at this (even tho I can't afford it :p)

http://www.vivagoal.com/images/wallpapers/audi-s5.jpg

http://www.vivagoal.com/images/wallpapers/audi-s5-4.jpg

another what would you buy thread I'm afraid :p

Let's say you have £12k burning a hole in your wallet and able to stretch a little bit if required. What would you buy?

I wouldn't, given the price of petrol etc, I would pick up a little diesel which costs pennys to run and keep the rest for a rainy day ;)

Ah forgot Jags do AWD too! :D Nice spot! I think there's a supercharged Jag S type R as well but I've heard they are crap :p

If I am not mistaken Volvo has a AWD too but rare...