The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Welding Experts - Is this possible?

JamesArup

Hi all,

This is something that I have wanted to do for almost 2 years now, and I think I have FINALLY found the pipe to do it with :thumbs:

My HKS Hiper has a silencer about halfway down that I want to remove. I have seen other models of Hiper (I think the newer ones) that don't have this silencer, and they sound great. The other reason is that this hangs down a bit lower than the rest of the system and it is ALWAYS hitting speed bumps, dips etc etc. It's only a matter of time before it hits something badly and takes most of the system with it! :sly:

What I want to know is if this even looks possible (ie. can someone with welding experience see if this is possible). The silencer itself is probably just over a foot long. The biggest problem that I can see is that the pipe going in is on a slightly different level to the pipe coming out of the silencer. I have attached a couple of pics showing the silencer, and the pipe that I have to bypass it with .. can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Cheers, James :clap:

silencer1_driverside.jpg

silencer1_passenger.jpg

newpipe1.jpg

newpipe2.jpg

Exxxcellent (Mr. Burns styleeee). That's exactly what I needed to hear! :woot:

Who's good at this sort of thing then? Need to go down to Paul K sometime soon for an outstanding 'shiny bit', and I know he has welding capability there, so I guess I can just get it done whilst it's there?

Cheers, J :D