The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do-Luck front bumper too low?

KamaSupra

Not sure the ridox would work. Is your car lowered or STD? I have a ridox with Tein springs. Virtually no angle on my drive but have to shuffle backwards so I can reverse straight off at an angle with no steering lock applied. First time I reversed off I cracked it!!!!! It's ok driving onto it though and with STD suspension should be much, much better.

Paul at Whifbitz also has a splitter for these that will protect the bumper, though it will make it a bit lower of course.

Hope that helps?

I can take some measurements if you want? Was thinking depth below the headlights at most forward part and the distance this is from the centre of the front hub.

Let me know if you want me to do this and will sort it on Saturday for you.

The car hasn't been lowered, only because my driveway is such a b!tch to get in and out of. It's not much of a slope, but enough to probably cause problems with an aftermarket bumper :( If you could measure your Ridiox then that would be great thanks :) As it will prevent me buying a bumper and fitting it to then find I can no longer get into my garage :D

If anyone with a Do-Luck could measure the dimensions too, maybe even with a pic to show which bits are measured where. Then it would be much appreciated :)

Well see if you can find someone if not I might ;).

Ok cheers :D

If anyone with a Do-Luck front is in the Basingstoke/Hampshire area, can they please pop over so I can see if they can get onto my slightly steep driveway? :D Obviously I'd watch your car as you reverse onto my driveway to make sure you don't scuff your side skirts or front bumper :)

Mine is lowered loads with the ridox front. As aftermarket bumpers go it's a good one as the overhang isn't as much as others. I have a knats knob over 4" clearance on the front.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/jaxdanjo/DSC00289.jpg

That's a nice looking Supra, think I'll have to look more into the Ridox bumper :)

What clearance is there at the bottom corner by the wheel arch to the ground? (Corner of front lip of bumper)

That's the lowest point. As said, and touch over 4"

Ahhh I understand now, I thought the 4" clearance was at the middle of the front of the bumper :D I'll be out to to take a look at my car and driveway again tomorrow. Cheers for measuring the clearance for me :)