The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this laptop a good deal?

SupraDan24

I've just been browsing laptops again as my needs have changed, i'm now looking for one that i can watch movies etc offshore in high res and play the occasional game on, as apposed to a Gaming orientated one as they're a rip off. I stumbled across a Sony VAIO E series, which i dont normally go for as they always seemed over priced to me, and did my own customisation with the freebies they had on offer. I came up with the following spec,

Intel Core i5-480M 2.66Ghz ( i could go for the i7 640M 2.6Ghz for £180 more, but seeing as i wont be doing any rendering i didnt think it was worth it), which is at the higher end of the dual core's.

Colour - White (saved £30 by changing it too white from black lol)

500GB Serial ATA HDD (Free)

3GB 1066Mhz DDR3-SDRAM

Blu-Ray Disc Reader/Writer (Free) Saved £90

39.4cm 1920x1080 Display

ATI MobilityRadeon HD5650 1GB Dedicated Graphics Card (should be good for majority of modern games at moderate settings)

Removed Anti-virus/ Microsoft Office and Adobe as i can get them easily

Total: £669 inc VAT

Its not the best deal in the world, but for a lappy with "half decent" Video Card/CPU and full 1080p display with Blu-Ray writer ontop, its not bad. If you factor in its asthetic value, as it is a good looking laptop, and more than likely decent audio quality ontop, it sways it for me. What do you guys think, as i'm debating ordering one?

Dan