The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Prius its awful.

The Raven

Mrs got one today as a hire car.

Ok it drives nice, and is a good size.

However..............47mpg? Her diesel did more than that! constant steaming of the windows, confusing heads up display and dont even try and make it go fast, it will raw and not go anywhere.

The only joy you can get from it is the the never ending fight to make it use the tric engine rather than the petrol one.

If hers ends up getting written off i will get another diesel....

If you like that CVT gearbox there's something wrong with you :)

It does not bother me, but that might be because im watching the stupid heads up thing trying to work out what the little green cars mean! When i grow bored of that i turn it onto the engine one and try and force it to turn of its petrol engine.

It does not bother me, but that might be because im watching the stupid heads up thing trying to work out what the little green cars mean! When i grow bored of that i turn it onto the engine one and try and force it to turn of its petrol engine.

Once the novelty wears off you'll soon get bored - I've done thousands of miles on Toyota hybrids now and CVT 'boxes are the bane of my life :(

I drove a Honda insight as my mate is a honda salesman and I can tell you regardless of manufacturer CVT gearboxes are without a doubt the most horrific thing ever made !!! And I've drove a City rover !!!

A Prius snuck up behind me in a car park just before Xmas.

It was deadly silent and the rumble of the tyre was the only thing that gave it away. I literally jumped out of my skin as the retired gentleman owner wafted past in it at around 5mph.

Hateful things.

A Prius snuck up behind me in a car park just before Xmas.http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3061166

It was deadly silent and the rumble of the tyre was the only thing that gave it away. I literally jumped out of my skin as the retired gentleman owner wafted past in it at around 5mph.

Hateful things.

Increase in car accidents involving pedestrians me thinks.

There is no statement in the entire world I would agree more with.

I drive one to the Eden project, yes got over 70mpg but it was the most mind numbing, soul destroying drive I have ever done (this includes having a Ford Ka hire car once).

I'd rather walk everywhere for the rest of my life than drive one again.