The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Porsche Cayenne.... thoughts?

jonathanc

Hmm, one I am looking at is around £13800 and has full Porsche service history. 3 previous owners and mileage around 78k. Only thing is tax runs out end of month and mot the next :p I am tempted same as how I am tempted by the newer Range Rovers but I know how expensive things can be to fix when it goes wrong on those. The Cayenne does look good though in the flesh I like the big brakes :D I guess they depreciate so much because of the upkeep costs.

Dude if you think a RR is expensive to repair don't even think about a Cayenne, RR's arent that bad....... Front discs and pads £80 last cayenne we did the discs and pads were close to a grand. Wheel bearing £40.

Dude if you think a RR is expensive to repair don't even think about a Cayenne, RR's arent that bad....... Front discs and pads £80 last cayenne we did the discs and pads were close to a grand. Wheel bearing £40.

Stuff OEM, mintex disc's and pads £230, plenty of cheaper options an all.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORSCHE-Cayenne-4-5-03-Mintex-Front-Brake-Discs-Pads-/130372374314?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5acc8f2a

Guest wantthatone

having owned porsche for the last 18 years now, when they released this model it was shunned by most enthusiasts, porsche building an SUV, the company ethos seems to be mis-placed of late, imagine a supra estate with roof bars, anyway saying that they do depreciate quick so good buys are available, but with that badge comes costs, if you can find a good non franchise like ray at northway, then you should be fine, but like anything if you buy well they should give you plenty of trouble free miles....

Trust me dude IF they go wrong they are bundles Paul @ Austec looks after 2 of them, generally pretty good and reliable but its when something silly goes wrong like window switches etc. £230 is still a lot more than £80 !!!!!!!. Point is if you don't think you can afford a RR you definbatly won't afford a Cayenne, I would have either, IMO the Cayenne is a better road car of the 2.........and I have a RR

A mate used to have a RR Sport and it looks nice with tons of toys. But some electronic pump or something for his suspension (just one!) was gone and it was over 1k just for parts.... I have no experience with Cayennes though but I guess there's a reason why they depreciate so fast :D

A mate used to have a RR Sport and it looks nice with tons of toys. But some electronic pump or something for his suspension (just one!) was gone and it was over 1k just for parts.... I have no experience with Cayennes though but I guess there's a reason why they depreciate so fast :D

Depends where you buy the parts !!!! Both are prestige cars and both will have large running costs if you do a high mileage. If running cost bothers you I would look elsewhere.

No i think it's around 60k miles they advise for fluid change no?

Problems occur around 90K, especially if the rad has not been changed, we are putting an add on Ebay offering the oil change, strange how a sealed for life box has gaskets and filters available, the fluid is KIN dear though.

Depends where you buy the parts !!!! Both are prestige cars and both will have large running costs if you do a high mileage. If running cost bothers you I would look elsewhere.

well if I do buy it I won't be doing motorway miles. Just work commute roughly 500 miles a month at most... Just want something reliable and comfy tbh...

well if I do buy it I won't be doing motorway miles. Just work commute roughly 500 miles a month at most... Just want something reliable and comfy tbh...

Either will do in that case, I had a drive in an 09 TDV8, awesome and they chip up to be a monster.

If you want something reliable and comfy get an Audi A6 or a VW Passat etc, does it have to be a Cayenne? And Dude hit it on the head re running costs, you cant run a SUpra on a budget so running a Porsche wont be possible lol

If you want something reliable and comfy get an Audi A6 or a VW Passat etc, does it have to be a Cayenne? And Dude hit it on the head re running costs, you cant run a SUpra on a budget so running a Porsche wont be possible lol

Nope doesn't have to be Cayenne lol just that one popped up locally. Would prefer AWD. A mate suggested A6 as well but I don't quite like the look... might look into Passats.