The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HTC Mobile

Missile

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, enough about me...what's the fone like? :D

Let me go get one of the guys to pull it out of the cupboard and i'll have a quick look.

OS wise...... it is running Gingerbread.... which is okay, just don't like the form factor.. the SE's just don't look clean enough for me...

CJ, I've a nice BB Storm sitting at home..

And btw I too have an HTC Desire HD and love it

Hello brother ;)

What model number is it Tom and more importantly, how much would you like for it?

I was due to buy another fone out here and organised everything but then, in typical Greek fashion, they could not supply the fone they said I could have and then hiked the price up almost 2 fold for another they did have in stock. :(

to a Bro, FOC + what ever it costs to ship. Its a Blackberry Storm mk1, touch screen etc. Someone on here will know it.

My friend, that is wonderful. Send me a PM and let me know how much it will be to send it out and how you want paying or, if it is easier to send to Wales, then let me know and my son (Daniel not Lewis ;)) can send it out to me.

Guest atkay

I have the HTC desire HD and I love it! To get the most of it i rooted it and added a custom rom, is made of win now. However if you're willing to wait a month or so get a tegra 2 powered phone (dual core phones, very shiny) as that will defiantly future proof (on the android side at least) for 2 years I'd imagine. There are some new HTC android phones out soon (Desire s incredible s) which I imagine will be nice phones.

The HTC phones android phones do have some useful apps like cached maps (maps from tom tom, for £30 a year youi get sat nav i believe, or you can use the free google navigation stuff which is good, but can be annoying if you loose your data signal), and various other goodies.

If I were upgrading I'd either got for an atrix, lg optimus 2x or a htc incredible s or the iphone 5 (to be announced in April apparently). Hope this help any...

Loads of :help:. Infact i'm going to hold off upgrading for a while and see if I can get a more future proof phone. Loads of help and advice. Thanks to all. :thumbs:

Is there such a thing as future proof? And, what is future proof exactly? As far as I can see, lots of things we buy new today look to be "old hat" within a very short space of time.

I personally have HTC Desire and I'm very very happy with Android system, even if I was always Nokia man. I also had a play with Samsung Galaxy S and it's great piece of hardware, if they would be available at the time of my contract reneval, I would prolly have it :)

I just sent back my HTC Mozart, not because I did not like the phone, just the WINPHON7 OS just drove me nuts, I want a phone controlled by me not Microsoft. If I had shares in Nokia I would be worried right now as they have tied them selves to Microsoft and the OS is pants, with any half descent upgrade delayed until the end of 2011 which is far too long in this market. Cant wait to get my Desire HD.

Well I got a htc incredible s the other day and Angela got a HD7. So I thought I really should give the windows 7 phone another chance... I tried to like it, but I just can't. There are a few nice touches, but it's just not enough. It's not very configurable, things aren't consistent, and several of the apps I tried are buggy or just plain wont work. The marketplace app comments are full of complaints and people saying they wish they had gone with android.

The incredible on the other hand, is amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

@welshbuddy:

I have the Google N1, it is a great phone, but the touchscreen issue is damn annoying, fed up of being half way through a text message and having to power off/on to fix the keys mis-registering due to the screen getting confused about where im touching it. Cant fault it apart from that.

@Ian:

On my Google N1 I can move some applications to the SD card to free up space available on the phone, maybe you can do the same thing.

Has anyone had the "phone storage space is getting low" message?

If so, how did you sort it? I still seem to have 13.32mb left on the phone but still have this message :confused:

I think you can force apps to SD but I think it usually involves putting a custom rom on to solve it fully.

Rom manager and Clockworkmod recovery make this process an absolute breeze these days.

My little htc magic is currently rocking gingerbread 2.3.2 and my work SGS is now running serendipity 6.3 rom with a speedmod kernal. All flashed and running again inside 10 minutes with the 2 progs above.

Have a look in your email folders, in the deleted folder. It seems that when you delete them they dont actually go, they get moved into there instead. I was getting the low phone mem sign for ages and ended up removing almost all of my apps which was really annoying until I read that on a forum, so I deleted over 6.5k emails!!!! from the phone delete folder and now there is more than enough mem.

Hope that helps.

I am one of the first adopter of WP7 phone. Sure the OS is still like work in progress with some features missing compared to a 4 year old iOS or a 2 year old Andriod but sure lack of these features dont stop you from having the best experience. The OS is very snappy and is amazingly fast n responsive. Lots of big named apps are already on the marketplace or moving to the marketplace. There is no point in comparing this OS with Andriod and iOS. You can do it just for the sake of showing some missing features but coming to the end user experience it nothing but brilliant (same is the case with iOS and Andriod). The manufacturers are obviously busy with Android being such a success so did not do their best job with WP7. The HTC phone has the same hardware as Nexus One (from an year ago), this is the reason why they regrouped with Nokia. The two adverts below give a summary ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqwAXqTqXig

US Advert - Still relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrhpXQqS3Is