The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HTC Mobile

Missile

http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/features/HTC/HD7

It's time for a phone upgrade and I'm unsure where to go. After lot's of looking about I've decided I quite like the above phone.

This is where I need your help advice. I work in an IT dept and half the staff here are saying steer clear of the windows 7 phone go android, the other half like the windows phone idea.

Any arguments to why one is better than the other or pro's and cons welcome. Help muchly appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Windows 7 so therefore it's the best thing ever (according to edinlexusv8)!!

Personally I've only used a Windows 7 phone for 10 minutes and I didn't get on with it. Now admittedly that's not long, but after sticking with Nokia S40 and S60 phones for many years I was immediately impressed by a quick 10 minutes on an Android phone, that convinced me to switch.

HTC Desire HD?

If Gav doesn't pop along soon, I would suggest you send him a PM for his thoughts. He is very knowledgeable on this type of thing and, unlike others (well, one really ;)) he isnt completely blinkered in his outlook.

Thanks very much for the input so far.

Chap at work just E-mailed me this.

Afternoon,

I’d suggest avoiding this phone. Windows Phone 7 is a good operating system, but it’s support from the wider world is limited! I’d definitely go Android (Apple too). I’d wait for either the Samsung Galaxy S2, Moto Atrix or the next HTC phone. Definitely make sure it’s a dual core phone as the software of this year and onwards will be optimised for that architecture and if it’s an Android phone aim for the Tegra 2 chipset.

Hope that helps, I personally cannot decide what to upgrade to – though I’m leaning toward the Atrix

It's a mine field of confusion.

Several months ago I got an HTC Desire on the advice of this forum and I'm very happy with it, there's even a sticky somewhere with a long list of apps. You can't go wrong IMO

Think this might be were I am heading...

I have a Samsung GALAXY S to test right now. So will give that a shot...

If you want a dual core android phone you're looking at a few months before they get released over here I believe. I also thought Tegra2 was (currently anyway) limited to the larger tablet devices rather than phones.

This is correct. I am almost tempted to just go with an Android HTC and be done with it. Maybe next year dive into all this Dual core stuff. Is there a current HTC favorite ?

I'm from a sony ericsson only back ground. Used them for years now....

Well Desire HD is pretty much the same phone as the HD7 (same large screen), just running android. It's just a bit big for my liking.

Cheers Thorin. Thats what i'm going to get.

I'm testing this Samsung GALAXY S and am very impressed. Just watching the chap drive round Dubi in his yellow supra.

I've got an iPhone 3, but I'm hoping to switch to HTC desire HD in June. I hope they make a new release to the hardware before I buy because knowing me they'll do it after.

This is where I was heading in July, but I've been reading about the HTC Incredible S which seems to be capable of outperforming the Desire HD - said to be (just about) the current flagship model. The thing that would sell it to me would be the 4" screen instead of the 4.3" on the Desire HD. (Hopefully I've read all the info right!)

This is where I was heading in July, but I've been reading about the HTC Incredible S which seems to be capable of outperforming the Desire HD - said to be (just about) the current flagship model. The thing that would sell it to me would be the 4" screen instead of the 4.3" on the Desire HD. (Hopefully I've read all the info right!)

I can't tell if the Incredible S will be better than the Desire HD. I haven't found many convincing reviews yet. I don't think it will be any worse, but is it any better?

If you want a dual core android phone you're looking at a few months before they get released over here I believe. I also thought Tegra2 was (currently anyway) limited to the larger tablet devices rather than phones.

There is something called the LG Optimus Black.... lovely device :) I have one :)

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/lg-optimus-black-review-50002143/

The last sentence of the review says, "The Arc is one of the very best phones to be released so far in 2011". I therefore assumed that it was :blink:

Oh, it might be I don't know. I only just found out the HTC Incredible S is out, so I think I'll be upgrading to that this weekend! Very similar to the HTC Desire HD, but a slightly smaller screen it seems :)