The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rally Cosworth

RobSheffield

great cars, and nice vid.

I can remember nearly crashing into one of those a couple of years back that was parked down my girlfriends old road, my old renault 19 lost grip in the ice at like 3mph due to some stupid woman pulling out, causing me to hit my brakes and it just slid down the road and missed it by about a cm!

I didnt know they did racing like that - rallying and touring cars combined. That looks fantastic!

It was great in the late 80's when all the banned group B rally cars moved over to Rallycross, they raced on a track which was a mix of dirt and tarmac.

Racing was always very tight and there was a lot of contact, back then we use to sit on a grass bank just behind the tyre walls, looking back it's a wonder non of the spectators were squished by one of the cars.