The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Instant brick paving machine!

CJ

I got sent some pics of this machine in action and immediately thought it was a hoax. However, after doing several searches, it would seem that this is for real.

Here is the link and below is a vid (which is also in the link) showing it in action.

Amazing eh?

[video=youtube;jkVBg_-OviI]

Like you said CJ, there is a large part of me that wants to say thats a hoax, but for all intense and purposes that look legitimate.

I know. I had a good search and found lots of sites advertising it and none saying it was fake.

I wonder how resilient the surface is though. They must have to go over it with a roller to make sure its properly bedded in?

Absolutely, but even so, the time savings with this machine must be incredible

Looks genuine enough, and to be fair why would you want to spend that much time making a hoax of a brick laying machine.

That would save masses of time when doing large scale rework like town centres and such! - The work took an age when the centre here was being worked on.

I was thinking that too. I have never known pikeys offer a block paving service :blink:

They did next door to me some years back. Full size JCB to dig out (small drive) and went down only 6", no sub base and then filled it with sand. They then laid the blocks on top, gave the blocks a light tap and buggered off. Didn't set the edging blocks in anything so the whole lot spread and sunk.

As you can imagine the job lasted only a few weeks before it fell apart.

Our drive took about a week and a half to do properly (not DIY) and the pikies did the one next door in a few hours.

Total waste of time that, the machine dont sort the bricks, you still have to stack them in order by hand, may as well just put them straight on the ground, and look how slow it moves, in a race my guys would murder them with a couple of wheel barrows, they have laid it on sharp sand an all, we always concrete in the edge stones and bed on sharp sand/cement mix so it will never move, that what they have done wont last 2 min.