The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet Aero catches needed please!

Jamesy

They made some with a key so that it made it harder for some 1 to steal your turbo and made other sets that can just be opened.

So 1 has a key slot and the other dont, just makes it alittle harder for people to open your bonnet.

I take if you had them fitted before then, just in the pics didnt show them and tbh i would fit them as when i rolled my car the bonnet came totally off due to them snapping and thats why i had the bonnet fly open on mine also as id forgot to do them up.

Thanx James. Never had a set before but id like a locking set i think

If u have 2 then can u gimme a price please?

Not sure what u mean by spindles but i'll need everything required to fit them from scratch mate please

personally i would never use them again as like i said they are easier to forgot to close as the bonnet fits flush as if its shut and they dont hold it on when in a crash.

DONT DO IT JAMESY.

+ they are a nightmare to fit and bent the bonnet when you tighten them down with nuts and bolts you have to buy seperate as the original ones aint long enought.

Dont think you know how they work guys, unless you push the clips down they dont hold the bonnet at all so if you forget again your bonnet will still come up.

Your obviously not going to take my advice and buy some anyways so good luck and dont scrap your bonnet fitting them lol.

Got a link mate? Does it come with everything needed?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEROCATCH-Flush-Bonnet-Fastener-Catch-FREE-UK-P-P-/120601659996?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c146b4a5c

Dont think you know how they work guys, unless you push the clips down they dont hold the bonnet at all so if you forget again your bonnet will still come up.

Your obviously not going to take my advice and buy some anyways so good luck and dont scrap your bonnet fitting them lol.

I know how they work, we are saying to leave stock fittings on for holding the bonnet down and use the aero catch as a backup, they only bend the bonnet if you have them set to tight, they wont need to be set tight at all as they will only be doing anything if the stock catch fails.

Thats kinda what i was hoping to use these for Jamie. Is that def ok to do?

Sorry James not purposely going against what u said i just need some extra peace of mind.

Gotta get corner of rear spat sprayed in the next month so will ask if they can fit the aero catches at same time

just get the one's jp has ordered mate, they are good. plus your using the stock catches with them too.

Yeah just thought for an extra £7 i could get locakable ones? guess not needed though if using stock catch too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.