The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help choosing a name (danger-horse related!)

Supragal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the res of my digital camera is awful so I'm not sure how well that pic will print... there will be lots more photo oppourtunities once she's been delivered :D

I'm not convinced about these really girly names, she's quite... well... heavily built so it kinda sounds odd. Charlie and Dani I'm liking at the mo. Still not sure.

It's beyond me how anyone ever names children!!!!

Kopite, tut tut lol

Roy, actually I'm quite into ironic names. Spud, Ned, Ugly etc but they're all boys names plus I already know horses called that...

That horse name thingy is cool! I found listings of horse names but not that. Shades of Grey, thats a pretty cool show name, shame she won't need one!!

Me ex fiance's horse was called Charlie. He was also slightly over weight. Looks like your loaner needs a bit of regular riding and a bit of a diet Rosie :)

Always been involved with horses over the previous years but haven't been involved with them for couple of years now, which is probably a good thing as owning a Supra and motorbike dont leave the necessary funds for a Horse too.

Hope she behave's and rides well for ya.

Have had two horses myself, one 16.2 hh, stable name was Spud! and the other Wills 17.2hh. both thoro breds, ex steeple chasers.

How about Rea as in behind or up on two legs - rear without the r !!!

Enjoy, you lucky......

It's a tough choice Rosie - my mare had a foal a few weeks ago and it took more time to come up with her name (Dexy, dexter's storm, from her mum and dad) than it did to choose my kids name's...

My friend has just had a new foal too and had even more problems so used a scrabble board and took all the letters from the mum's name and her previous horses names and came up with beaujolais (?) - if nothing else you could try that and have some mates round with several beers and you should come up with some interesting choices!!

Me ex fiance's horse was called Charlie. He was also slightly over weight. Looks like your loaner needs a bit of regular riding and a bit of a diet Rosie :)

Hope she behave's and rides well for ya.

I guess you missed the bit saying that she's not rideable, hense free :( She's just a field companion hense no need for posh names. Shame, but thats the way it is.

Wolf- I was thinking of putting her in foal, but her last one threw a parott mouthed weirdo so I'm not sure. Plus it'll be like 8 years until I can do anything with it... may as well buy one, least I'll know it will be a boy and what I'm getting lol