The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Disappointment ends in NAMING AND SHAMING!!

ShamelessTT

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we need a club bodyshop, like we have a club insurance, mitchell seems to be doing some good work and jurgen had a aero resprayed in white for a good price iirc, id like to check those 2 places out

Bored of the matte black all ready? ;)

Should of put, for the intrest of the club.

No i can paint my own cars though, im moving soon so hopefully i get a double garage and space to do the supra up properly Woooo!!

Oh cool, are you planning on spraying it a different colour if you get a double garage then?

Oh cool, are you planning on spraying it a different colour if you get a double garage then?

Probably, wont do it straight away though itll be at least another year beofre i stirp her down again, this year im going to enjoy driving her:D

That's terrible, must be so frustrating spending all that money for it to mess up like that :( I'm due to get a front bumper and some oem skirts and spats put on at Knight Racer, but now I'm worried my car will not be done properly either. Arrrghhh what to do?! :( Let us know how you get on...

They are nice guys, they are cheap compared to some quotes i had at the time but im paying for it now lol.

Thats a mess mate, want me to pop round armed with a rattle can, say matt black;)

Haha, im not sure ill be able to blend that!. Ive been out with my 2K clear coat and touched up by hand some of it, atleast its shiney (sounds nasty i know, but it looks better the bits ive done, and it will stop it pealing a bit). Its the clear coat thats failed mostly, but some areas the base coat has come with it, ATLEAST at the moment its the lower bumper, which i stare at constantly lol.

Next few months once sorted house wise, its strip down supra and send the bits off to the sand blaster, im sanding and spraying on top of that crap.

They are nice guys, they are cheap compared to some quotes i had at the time but im paying for it now lol.

Yeah they do seem like nice guys, I've chatted to them on/off for 2 months about getting my car in. But even if they are nice, if they do a rubbish job on all the cars I won't be using them :D Need other people on the club to come forward if they've had work done by them to say if their car is ok. I only know one other person who has been to them, his car seems ok a year onwards. I think Matt H had his car done there too, am I right?

The dude i bought my car of had his body kit fitted there and im guessing he had it sprayed there to, my paint didnt come off but the finish was like sand paper, i took it to a sprayers that i have been using for years to have it sprayed propally and the difference is amazing. unfortunately you get what you pay for with this kind of work, its s**t, i feel for you dude. i learnt the hard way

Need other people on the club to come forward if they've had work done by them to say if their car is ok.

As you've asked, my cars was resprayed and kit fitted by KR. I have moisture thats developed within 3 years as well, lacquer very thin so I've gained lots of stone chips :( Needs a respray really, kit didn't fit properly and Mr Wilson had to refit the front bumper as it wasn't secured properly underneath!

I would advise anyone to avoid and spend your money elsewhere, learn from someone elses mistakes :Pling:

I wonder whether KR will take the time and respond back to these issues and hopefully make the effort to put it right.

Has anyone told them about the issue then? the OP never, he decided to post this thread rather than ask if they will fix the bumper, and KR not being a forum trader anymore means i doubt they have seen the thread, anyone can make a mistake, its how they deal with the mistake that counts imo.

I agree jamie, in the heat of moment after ive come in after cleaning it, i let go a little. The paint did fail earlier, and really i should of insisted on the lot being redone, but i trusted that it was isolated. I put my car into the bodyshop in the first place because the body work was a bit patchy, it had had some touch ups before as you would expect for an older car, its now worse than it was after only 3 years on and still looks as patchy.

Totally agree with naming and shaming them, For £2.3k you don't expect this after what is really a little time, another member has had the same probs within the same time period, so that says alot about their quality, not a one off.

And as for spraying it any old colour rather than the right toyota colour you asked for is just plain ignorant.

Has anyone told them about the issue then? the OP never, he decided to post this thread rather than ask if they will fix the bumper, and KR not being a forum trader anymore means i doubt they have seen the thread, anyone can make a mistake, its how they deal with the mistake that counts imo.

agree - thought it would be fair to notify the said trader first to give them the opportunity to put things right...

then again, as the OP does a lot of "spray work himself" perhaps he isnt interested in KR putting things right.

Edited by imi (see edit history)

To be fair, they have had it back once by the sounds, in that position i wouldnt wanna take it back there that much.

Mines in all this week at a body shop in Sheffield that was recommended to me. If you google body shop Sheffield you can see their website. They are actually called The Body Shop. In order to get rid of the stone chips on the boner and some flaking on one of the wings I'm having bonnet, both wings and bumper re sprayed and the rest of the car machine buffed so will let you know how it goes when I pick her up Friday.

The owner 'John' put the colour code into his paint machine - Blue Pearl Teal and showed me the seven or so colours that made it up and also showed me that he had all those colours in his paintshop.

That kind of showed me he knew what he was doing but the proof will of course be in the pudding.

Like I said I'll post and let you all know at the weekend, it is very difficult to get a good body shop.

Obviously after spending a few grand you don't expect the paint to get in such a bad way, but for anyones who's had their car done at Knight Racer. I was wondering did the damage happen after the cars had been left out over winter or are they garaged at all? Also Knight Racer has moved recently too haven't they? In which case they might be better now as they used somebody next door to their old unit to spray up parts right? :search:

It seems to be really difficult. Every time i've had paintwork done around here, i've had problems. I've only ever used places that come recommended, but it still seems to go wrong for me :( Been looking at having mine done recently, but i've either walked away or not had a reply from my enquiries :( One place wanted £5k to spray my Supra! :blink:

Is it too much to expect, that when you're shelling out over £2k for a new paintjob, that the finish will be excellent, and it will last along time?

2k will get you a basic repaint. 5k gets it done right.

True ;0)