The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Installing a log burner today

The Raven

What do you need heating solutions for, don't you run an insulation business? :p

Yeah but you need heat to then keep it in. Im out in the middle of no where so im on oil, and the gits ripped me off over the winter so this 8kw fire should put pay to alot of oil.

Moving on, Its in but not alight as i have not put the monoxide system in yet and dont want to chance it with the little one here. Pics up tomorrow when i can get it going.

Looks great mate. I installed a multi fuel stove myself over winter, 9.5kw one, best money ive spent in a long time, knocks the socks off my central heating, and is far more cost effective. Them logs you have there are pants ;) everytime i've bought that make they've been damp. Get some decent hardwood logs. If you can burn coal i'd recommend the smokeless stuff, lasts ages and produces loads of heat.

Looks great mate. I installed a multi fuel stove myself over winter, 9.5kw one, best money ive spent in a long time, knocks the socks off my central heating, and is far more cost effective. Them logs you have there are pants ;) everytime i've bought that make they've been damp. Get some decent hardwood logs. If you can burn coal i'd recommend the smokeless stuff, lasts ages and produces loads of heat.

Cheers mate, I have half a forest sitting in the side field chopped. However its only been cut 6 months so its no good as of yet it, should be good for next winter.

Update.

As marty said this thing is worth its weight in gold!

Have not had the C heating now since its been put in. I have started burning the pile of wood outside and its been running fine. Solar up the house and i should be able half the bills at the very least

Awesome matey, you just using your wood too? I'd defo recommend using some coal as well as wood, it'll burn far hotter, for much longer, i use the pureheat stuff, it lasts ages. If you wack some on at night, and turn down the vents, it'll go all night, i left mine for 13hrs the other day with the vents down and it was still going when i came to it, some more coal and wood and away it went. You'll see a big difference with your heating bills :) i paid over £600 over last winter for heating. This year i've only gone through £150, the woodburner cost me £200 and i've used about £120 of fuel for it, so i'm still better off including buying the burner. Nice.

Can log burners be installed in a fireplace? We need to get our fireplace sorted we were going to get an electric one in there but if we could open it up and stick a log burner in that'd be cool - the chimney is still open.

Yup sure can, you would need to drop a liner down then connect it to the burner.