The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats faster in a straight line?

neilp9876

Probably around the same to be honest. If driven well, the Supra might be ahead of the game, providing it's definitely 420bhp. Most people will be better of in a single.

It would be embarassing to be beaten by what looks like a family car.

E-Class Estate = 1945kg kerb weight. It's going to be close... I'd imaging the Merc's more advanced traction control systems will help though, plus the 464lb/ft torque will help too. Can't be many BPU Supras doing 4.6 seconds to 62mph.

:yeahthat: too close to call, until the Mercs limiter kicks in at 155 :eyebrows: (I know you could say the same about the Supras limiter, but how many Supras still have it? The vast majority of those Mercs will still have the limiter in place)

Merc will wipe the floor with a Sup. It handles 60 easily, has loads more power and a fair whack more torque. It will probably be reasonably close until properly rolling (100ish) and then the Merc will just stride away... until 155 of course :D

Merc again for me.

But I dont like any mercs except the old 190 cosworth :D

I might help you change your mind, probably the most sophisticated Mercedes race car ever built (and at MASSIVE cost) I went to look at a none runner for sale years ago and the sheer complexity of the electronics was utterly daunting. Bosch would reveal no details or software for the engine, ABS or active ride ecus, and the engine spares were allegedly skipped, so it would have been an "interesting" project. It was up at about £25K as a none runner with a set of wets on rims, which given what you got was dirt cheap, IF you could ever make it work again.

http://www.dtperformanceltd.co.uk/News%20DTM.html

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/255382/mercedesbenz_dtm_racing_car_gallery.html

Dawn Treader are perhaps one of the least known, but possible the best of the UK race car restorers. They have done some amazing jobs.

http://www.dtperformanceltd.co.uk/index.html

Against an auto or manual? as the auto would have a better chance, though as mentioned it would be close, even though it has a 6.2L engine! :D

Saying all that, the gearboxes on the AMG's are seriously quick!

His only got £4k saved up? Tell him, his got a long way to go yet!