The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobile - texting question..

scooby_doo_do

So it's all a money thing?

i would say so yeah. I mean if it did all come out, would you still pay for a flight knowing all these anomalies, and your chances? and you know how the media like to add there own bit of spice into the mix, air travel would hit an all time low

:eyebrows:

Agreed. I would put my forearms out in front and vertical, to act as a buffer/cage for my head.

I'd kick a fat guy out of his chair, sit in the seat then hold him between my knees and use his stomach as an "airbag" :D

But yeah, the brace position just seems stupid to me.

A Zombie filled urban environment is scary. Airplanes, not so much.

BTW, if aircraft wings are shaped so the the air flowing over them causes an upward lift how come they don't slam into the ground when flying upside-down?

A Zombie filled urban environment is scary. Airplanes, not so much.

BTW, if aircraft wings are shaped so the the air flowing over them causes an upward lift how come they don't slam into the ground when flying upside-down?

If they pull the stick back then I'd have thought it'd counteract it.

If they pull the stick back then I'd have thought it'd counteract it.

Don't think so. A plane still reacts the same way whatever way it is oriented. Pull back on the stick while upside-down and it will aim for the ground.

Don't think so. A plane still reacts the same way whatever way it is oriented. Pull back on the stick while upside-down and it will aim for the ground.

I did say "push forward" before but edited it thinking it was wrong :p

There is a way you can schedule a text message, but not from your phone....however - it can look like it's from your phone.

I have an account with fastsms.co.uk

I pre-paid £10 for a bundle of sms messages @ approx 10p each (inc vat).

I log onto my account on their website and I can enter the text for the message and I can then enter the 'name' that will show up on the recipient's phone as the originator. (i.e. if I enter 'Elvis Presley' in the 'From' box, that's who it'll say it's from) I can then choose to send the message immediately or schedule a time and date for it to be sent.

Could this be just what you're looking for?

It's because Santa Claus is your parents. Proof: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/airfoil.png

Now that's answered... Next question please!

Have a look here: http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-130414.html

Apparently it's to do with angle of attack and the incorrect but much-quoted Equal Transit Theory. An airfoil doesn't need to have a more curved upper surface in order to be an airfoil.

Oh yes, and I'd best make a passing reference to a conveyor belt before anyone else does. :D