The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobile - texting question..

scooby_doo_do

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to send a delayed SMS message?

Basically i'm going to be on a long flight (*so will have no signal*) but also need to send someone a text, so they get it before i land. Just not sure if this is possible..

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Craig.

Once they catch you sending it, Who ever is recieving it can pick you up from Jail. :p

aah, you are one of these people who believes everyone turns off their phones........

Makes me chuckle, you hear the steward saying 'All electrical devices should remain off until the plane has come to a halt', in the mean time 90% of the cabin's occupants are already on the phone or texting away :)

Perfect :-)

Na, there's a load of my mates flying out for a Stag doo that i couldn't make, but now i can although a day behind but i'm doing it as a surprise...

And taking a "lot" of flack from everyone as i'm th eonly one who can't make it.. So if i can send a "fake" text, it will make this look even more convincing..

Perfect :-)

Na, there's a load of my mates flying out for a Stag doo that i couldn't make, but now i can although a day behind but i'm doing it as a surprise...

And taking a "lot" of flack from everyone as i'm th eonly one who can't make it.. So if i can send a "fake" text, it will make this look even more convincing..

Send it when you get there?? SMS doesn't give away the location to the end user..... so it will still come from your number...

aah, you are one of these people who believes everyone turns off their phones........

Makes me chuckle, you hear the steward saying 'All electrical devices should remain off until the plane has come to a halt', in the mean time 90% of the cabin's occupants are already on the phone or texting away :)

And your one of these people who fell for it, :p

I was adding to his predicament bud. :D

The Gf is an Cabin crew and if i told you have the stuff she tells me, you wouldn't get on another plane. Yes the stories are scary...

And your one of these people who fell for it, :p

I was adding to his predicament bud. :D

The Gf is an Cabin crew and if i told you have the stuff she tells me, you wouldn't get on another plane. Yes the stories are scary...

Do tell!

Do tell!

Please don't. I'm still traumatised after reading my dad's ex girlfriend's BA handbook - in which it gave codes that they read out in emergencies - amongst other things.

That coupled with a friend who works for Monarch and is always telling me if there is an accident I've got no chance.

I hate flying as it is! :cry:

Do tell!

I've done more than my fair share of airmiles, and so far I've beaten the odds so I guess I don't want to know :)

Trust me, as it stands you can get on a plane without any doubt in your mind that your reaching the Destination. If i spill the beans, then you will be getting a bus, train, boat to your next holiday location. I even get a little nervous now when flying, and i don't scare that easily.

Trust me, as it stands you can get on a plane without any doubt in your mind that your reaching the Destination. If i spill the beans, then you will be getting a bus, train, boat to your next holiday location. I even get a little nervous now when flying, and i don't scare that easily.

Oh I'm not bothered.... i have a view in life, that if it is going to happen, sod it, it will happen, I fully appreciate that most of the planes are potentially ropey as hell... used to work at a certain large airport (both of them ;))

Did you know statistically you're in the most dangerous place you can be in a hospital? :D

That's why i hate them. When i had my surgery on my lower back Doc said do you want Morphine, i replied Em No Thanks, i'll be walking out of here is 2 days, and i did just that, 48 hrs after being cut open. Hospitals = Scare the Crap out of Geo. :(

Oh I'm not bothered.... i have a view in life, that if it is going to happen, sod it, it will happen, I fully appreciate that most of the planes are potentially ropey as hell... used to work at a certain large airport (both of them ;))

+1 bud, :thumbs:

My girlfriend is petrified of flying and always gets scared at the slightest noise. I never used to hear those noises but since flying with her, I listen out for them now :(

Not that it scares me as I'm the same as you Gav, if I'm going to die, I'm going to die. I'll just make sure I get as much of the oxygen they supply in me as possible ;)

That's why i hate them. When i had my surgery on my lower back Doc said do you want Morphine, i replied Em No Thanks, i'll be walking out of here is 2 days, and i did just that, 48 hrs after being cut open. Hospitals = Scare the Crap out of Geo. :( :

You have to put your trust in all the people around you and that's a very scary thing. That's not to say there aren't fantastic areas of the NHS. It's just one of the things they tell you when you go on a staff induction. :)

+1 bud, :thumbs:

What I don't understand is - if it's SO dangerous to fly and there are so many anomolies why don't we hear of more crashes and why would you continue to allow your girlfriend to work in a dangerous job like that (and why would she want to)?

Answers on a postcard please :)

Not that it scares me as I'm the same as you Gav, if I'm going to die, I'm going to die. I'll just make sure I get as much of the oxygen they supply in me as possible ;)

Thing is, do people really think that the brace position, oxygen masks and life jackets.....

If it breaks up at high altitude.... it is the drop that will kill you

If it breaks up on the ground with fuel... it is the fire that will kill you

If it breaks up on landing... it is the sudden stop that will kill you....

Brace yourself all you want, but there is NADDDA you can do about it :)

You have to put your trust in all the people around you and that's a very scary thing. That's not to say there aren't fantastic areas of the NHS. It's just one of the things they tell you when you go on a staff induction. :)

What I don't understand is - if it's SO dangerous to fly and there are so many anomolies why don't we hear of more crashes and why would you continue to allow your girlfriend to work in a dangerous job like that (and why would she want to)?

Answers on a postcard please :)

if the Aero space authorities announced that there was all these anomalies with flying, then Opppps they would lose billions of pounds. End Of!!!

Who am i to tell my Gf what to do, if she wants to fly then that is her choice not mine, she chose her career path. I always say to her though i can see her being a teacher. :D

Thing is, do people really think that the brace position, oxygen masks and life jackets.....

If it breaks up at high altitude.... it is the drop that will kill you

If it breaks up on the ground with fuel... it is the fire that will kill you

If it breaks up on landing... it is the sudden stop that will kill you....

Brace yourself all you want, but there is NADDDA you can do about it :)

The "brace" position makes it look to me like a sudden stop would cause you to break your neck as you connect with the seat in front.

I'd rather sit up and watch the ground get closer. Also I'd raid the little bottles of spirits :D