The mkiv Supra Owners Club

vinyl wrapping

barneybrendan

I know this has been brought up a fiew times but all i seem to find on the search is one article about carbon wrapping a top secret bumper.

Is there anybody on the site that actualy does this.If so i would like a quote for wrapping the whole car.My paintwork is crap and rather than a respray i am hoping that wrapping will be cheaper and ideal for the overall look im after.Basicly im copying the red ridox supra but just changing some of the names on the graphics.Would the actual graphics be on top or part of the main wrapp.What i want is the same as the pics

21kb8[1].jpg

0290cw0[1].jpg

0281lu4[1].jpg

22yz4[1].jpg

Try X wraps in Leighton Buzzard. Their work looks nice, they quoted me around £500 I think it was but said that was the starting price for a basic car with not much in the way of skirts. Very helpful guys and asnwered all my questions promptly. Saw a VXR they did at one of last years shows and it looked ok.

I contempated having my car wrapped but there would need to be joins where the roof meets the quarter panels which really put me me off.

see a new skyline done in matt vinyl at our meet the other night, looked to be no joins, i looked everywhere but nothing. i should have asked where he had it done it was very very impressive

see a new skyline done in matt vinyl at our meet the other night, looked to be no joins, i looked everywhere but nothing. i should have asked where he had it done it was very very impressive

From what i found out the vinyl doesn't come in a big enough width, it would have to be huge to cover the roof and down both rear quarter panels, probably around 15ft !!

The make or break really is with who does it, i've seen a few on differant cars and when i've got close they've all been pretty horrible to be honest.

From what i found out the vinyl doesn't come in a big enough width, it would have to be huge to cover the roof and down both rear quarter panels, probably around 15ft !!

The make or break really is with who does it, i've seen a few on differant cars and when i've got close they've all been pretty horrible to be honest.

thats why i was so suprised to see a decent job up close, most have looked shocking. i really should have had a word with him but too busy keeping the chavs hands off my engine bay lol

got some quotes yesterdy off totally dynamic.

for a base colour then the graphics on top will be about £1500 +vat

now for a metalic red, silver first the a red with the graphics printed in and finally a clear gloss is around £1800 +vat.

I am going to go up and see them soon to see how thhis over lay works to give the metalic high gloss effect.